UX Researcher I - 014649
Company: Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing Technology &
Experience, the UX Researcher supports the Health Plan's digital
strategic initiatives and business goals by moderating/evaluating
feedback from a broad range of demographics, gathering actionable
data from a wide variety of research methods, facilitating
usability study setups, supporting generation of new methodologies
and assisting in developing reports and data-driven recommendations
used to evaluate designs and inspire new ideas across all digital
channels (web, mobile, social and email). Essential
- Facilitates stakeholder interviews, user research, contextual
inquiry research, in-person and remote usability testing,
competitive analysis, to determine gaps in features and channels
(web, mobile, email) to aid in prioritization and synthesize
- Develops user personas and scenarios; understand target
audiences' needs, tasks and goals, and then translates
feature/functions into simple wireframes and functional
- Develops and documents information hierarchies and
architectures across all digital channels (web, mobile, email,
social) and provides recommendations for improvements to
- Conducts and/or coordinates evaluation techniques, including
design walkthroughs, user feedback sessions and formal usability
testing to validate proposed design solutions with stakeholders and
end users against usability goals and heuristics.
- Prepares formal reports of recommendations and presents to
teammates, business stakeholders and management.
- Collaborates with product owners and business teams to evaluate
research methods for determining customer needs and the planning
and development of solutions.
- Recommends optimized email, SMS and social experiences based on
reports from Digital Analytics Manager.
- Conducts research to learn about new technologies,
capabilities, and trends in digital marketing and ensures we adhere
to best practices.
- Monitors 'Best in Class' and competitor websites, mobile apps,
emails and social channels to benchmark improvement ideas.
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation on findings,
recommendations, practices and processes.
- Travels within our plan service area to attend and present
information at meetings with staff and customers.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by
supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies' mission and values,
adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct and leading to the
Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the
corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management. Level II -
UX Researcher & Strategy Lead
- Manages projects of large complex scope with multiple cross
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced team members.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in multiple areas or products
within the division.
- Coaches and counsels members of cross-functional teams to
accomplish projects, meet established schedules, or resolve
technical/operational issues. Level III - UX Research & Strategy
- Overall accountability for the successful development and
implementation of a comprehensive UX research process.
- Directs subordinate staff and fosters positive attitudes among
staff on quality and safety to ensure that delivered service meets
agreed service levels. Monitors and evaluates quality of
performance from all work within scope of responsibility. Briefs
staff on their individual and team performance.
- Acts as Change Leader implementing changes that benefit
Excellus Heath Plan.
- Communicates and comprehends business strategy and drives
strategic recommendations and facilitates related implementations.
Minimum Qualifications: NOTE: We include multiple levels of
classification differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills,
and the ability to manage increasingly independent and/or complex
assignments, broader responsibility, additional decision making,
and in some cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to
using this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also
provides guideposts for employee development and promotional
opportunities. All Levels
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, human computer
interaction, business administration, marketing research or related
field with a minimum of 3 years' total experience with digital
usability analysis and strategy.
- Must be proficient in testing, with an eye for detail and a
keen attention to process.
- Proficient with web testing--tools such as Visual
Sciences/Omniture Insight, Omniture Site Catalyst, Omniture Test &
Target, Tealeaf, Foresee, OpinionLab, and Loop11.
- Proficient with wireframing or mock-up tools like Axure,
Balsamiq, or Adobe XD.
- At least one years' experience with Litmus or other email
- At least one years' experience with social publishing and
monitoring tools like Sprinklr, Radian6 or HootSuite.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Considered an expert in the discipline. Understands web
technologies, their capabilities, interactions and their effect on
the end user experience.
- Must be equally as competent and experienced with journey
mapping, personas and wireframes as they are with conversion rates,
competitive benchmarking and testing and learning across all
digital channels including web, mobile, social and email.
- Self-motivated, able to analyze problems and identify solutions
with minimal direction, flexible, able to meet deadlines, able to
manage project schedules, and work well in a fast paced, high
volume team environment.
- Strong--communication, writing, presentation, public speaking
and interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to
translate and effectively communicate complex information into
layman's terms. Facilitation skills to lead requirements
elicitation meetings and projects. Level II - UX Research &
- A minimum of 5 years' total experience with digital usability
analysis and strategy, 5 years' experience in web/mobile usability,
and at least 2 years' experience with email, social and SMS.
- Must have experience in leading projects with an emphasis on
formulating strategic planning and evaluating current state against
long term roadmap/goals. Level III - UX Research & Strategy Lead II
- A minimum of 7 years' total experience with UX research and
strategy across all channels.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision making, and team building
skills. Physical Requirements Ability to independently travel
across all regions. ************ The Lifetime Healthcare Companies
aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic,
cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce
and best reflect the communities we serve. Our mission is to foster
an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly
recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We
believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation
which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and
services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates
from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE: Employees are united by our Lifetime Way
Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence,
innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by
valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee
development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job
description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications
deemed essential to the position. Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications Education Preferred Bachelors or better in Business,
Mgt, Marketing. Bachelors or better in Computer Science. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Rochester , UX Researcher I - 014649, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!