Company: Pit Stop
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Title: Merchandise Specialist Reports To: Store
LeaderGeneral Description: The Merchandise Specialist is
responsible for working closely with the Store Leader to manage
store merchandise; including ordering, receiving, stocking,
fronting, facing, organizing, cleaning and tracking outdates. The
Merchandise Specialist may also complete daily paperwork as
assigned by the Store Leader. The Merchandise Specialist will fill
the role of a Customer Service Specialist as needed.--Essential
- CultureExpectation: Create a culture that is highly engaging
for both Team Members and customers, where "the customer is the
boss" mentality is at the forefront of everything we do. We are
proud to be the faces of our communities and we need to prove that
through personalized experiences for both our internal and external
- Uphold the values of the mission statement.
- Consistently provide GREAT Customer Service.
- Make decisions and set priorities based on customer
- Promote a positive and productive environment with open
communication where everyone works as a team.
- Maintain a family-friendly atmosphere at all times.
- Handle customer complaints immediately by being helpful and
courteous. Never argue with a customer. Notify a supervisor with
any unresolved complaints.
- Meet the chain standard by participating in community
- Sample merchandise with customers weekly to promote products
and drive sales.--2.BrandExpectation: To put a consistent emphasis
on the overall appearance of the location. The store should be
visually inviting, well lit, and clean at all times. All fixtures
should follow current planograms to ensure consistency throughout
- Create a great first impression by maintaining the exterior
- Follow current planograms to ensure we are meeting the
customer's needs and vendor requirements.
- Maintain organization in non-planogrammed areas.
- Create a clean and safe shopping environment that is visually
- Promote products using properly placed and neatly hung current
- Ensure that food service and bakery products meet established
guidelines for preparation and appearance.
- Maintain the security of the store in accordance with
- React to maintenance issues in a timely manner. Report issues
that cannot be handled at store level to the Store Leader.--3.Daily
GrindExpectation: To prioritize tasks in a manner that drives
business results. Ensure all operational needs are completed on
time and within guidelines and/or policy.
- Utilize Shift Checklists and daily planner (if necessary) to
ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Efficiently operate all POS terminals to meet established
- Maintain appropriate cash levels in the register drawer.
Performs safe drops as needed.
- Accurately handle and account for all cash on hand, including
the store change bank. Properly complete the Cashier Report at the
end of each shift.
- Properly complete cigarette and lottery counts at the beginning
and end of every shift.
- Use build up books to ensure the correct amount of inventory
basing decisions on sales data, if assigned.
- Follow company guidelines for receiving merchandise deliveries
and entering invoices.
- Handle delivered merchandise in a timely manner. Stock shelves
using the FIFO method.
- Properly handle unsaleable merchandise per established
- Partner with the Store Leader to conduct all necessary audits
- Utilize Sales Goals sheet to make adjustments in the moment to
- Perform all daily, weekly, and monthly fuel tasks to meet
compliance, if assigned.
- Follow all company guidelines in regard to the sales of
- Partner with the Store Leader to complete required merchandise
reconciliations daily, if assigned.
- Ensure consistency of food service products by following all
- Follow established food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner.
- Report any problems, questions, or concerns to the Store Leader
and give input to improve store operations and customer
- Other tasks as assigned--Supervisory
Responsibilities:None--Qualifications:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.--Language
Skills:Demonstrates the ability to read, write and understand
materials printed in English such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrates the
ability to interact and communicate effectively with Customers and
Team Members in the English language.--Mathematical
Skills:Demonstrates the ability to calculate figures and amounts,
such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
and volume. Demonstrates the ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.Demonstrates the ability to count back
change.--Reasoning Ability:Demonstrates the ability to apply common
sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral, or diagram form. Demonstrates the ability to deal with
problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
situations.--Physical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by all Team Members to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.--While performing
the duties of this job, Team Members are regularly required to
stand, walk, and talk or hear. Team Members are frequently required
to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Team Members must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to
adjust focus. Team Members must be over 18 years old.--Work
Environment:--The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those Team Members encounter while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.--While performing the duties of this job, Team
Members are occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Pit Stop, Rochester , Merchandise Specialist, Other , Ontario, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!