Join the Hiawatha Homes family! Hiawatha Homes provides quality
support services to people with disabilities at home and in the
COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Efforts
At Hiawatha Homes, the safety of those we support and our team
members come first. We strictly abide by all guidance from MN
Department of Health, Olmsted County Public Health, and the
Department of Human Services. We urge you to join our team. As we
navigate this pandemic, we will do it together – from a safe
distance apart. To ensure safety, we have implemented a
comprehensive COVID-19 Business Plan. In addition, Personal
Protective Equipment is provided to each employee with training on
proper donning and doffing. Join our team! Let’s get through this
Position Information Typically Monday-Friday with flexible hours
dependent upon house needs. Participates in On-Call weekend
rotation (approximately 5 weekends per year)
Full-time: 80+ hours/pay period
Starting Wage: Exempt, based on experience and education
$200 bonus after 6 months and 300 hours worked
Located in Rochester, MN
Responsibilities & Duties The Program Director is responsible to
coordinate, supervise and manage the execution of developmental
program services in designated programs per current MN Department
of Human Services licensing standards. The Program Director is
responsible to oversee and advocate for the development of each
person’s support plan and service outcomes. The Program Director
will carry out designated managerial responsibilities in
supporting, directing and providing immediate supervision to the
designated coordinators. The Program Director will also be
responsible for participating in program budget preparation;
assuring adequate program record keeping; participating in the
administration of personnel management (including employment
interviews and performance evaluations); participating in the
training and development of direct support professionals; and
working jointly with other team members to assure that person
centered support plans are carried out. The Program Director will
ensure employees are following Hiawatha Homes policies and
procedures, assist Coordinators in coaching and mentoring
employees, and follow through with progressive disciplinary
actions, as needed. Program Directors will also positively engage
employees, work to increase staff morale, and make frequent onsite
visits to ensure employees feel supported and competent to carry
out their job duties.
Essential Job Functions:
• Monitor Coordinator time-clock entries and conduct payroll
activities in accordance to payroll schedule.
• Review program overtime each pay period and assist
Coordinators in balancing scheduling needs.
• Assist the CFO in monitoring and implementing the rate
management system for individuals supported.
• Provide program updates or concerns regularly to the CEO.
• Develop and oversee the Home and Community Based Service
(HCBS) budgets by working closely with the Coordinators to meet
• Participate in designated agency and Management meetings.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate Coordinators/Designated
• Ensure employee competency requirements are met according to
• Consult with Coordinators in hiring and evaluating all staff
• Actively work with Coordinators on their professional
development needs and goals to assure growth and leadership
• Assure an effective and proactive communication system among
employees; through regular meetings and other methods of
• Review and conduct all performance evaluations for designated
• Review and make recommendations on performance evaluations for
Direct Support Professionals in designated programs.
• Advise and provide consultation to Coordinators/Designated
Coordinators regarding program plans for each individual supported
and supervises implementation. Assures that individual records,
summaries and reports are properly prepared and submitted.
o Attend individuals supported reviews
o Review incident reports and follow up with CEO or Advocate in
making required reports to the Common Entry Point.
o Ensure that each individual has a current Individual Abuse
Prevention Plan in place. Plan should be updated to meet the
changing needs of the individuals supported.
o Ensure that each program has a current Program Abuse
Prevention Plan in place. Plan should be updated as needed per
changing needs of the individuals.
• Oversee and monitor the recording and confidentiality of all
vocational, social, educational, medical, psychological, and
o Assist with coordination of consultants and other
professionals, as needed.
• Assure compliance with 245D & Quality Assurance Standards,
Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adult & Minors Reporting, Emergency Use
of Manual Restraints, Aversive Deprivation, First Aid, Psychotropic
Medication policy, OSHA, Person Centered Planning and Service
Delivery, Data Privacy, and Recipient Rights.
• Attend Pre-Admission and Discharge meetings, provide
• Assure that Coordinated Service Support Plans (CSSP) and
Addendums contain psychological, social, medical, OT/PT,
communication, vocational/educational & residential needs of the
individuals are met.
• Occasionally this position may be required to temporarily
cover direct care hours at the program to maintain minimum staffing
• Assist in drafting policies and procedures to assure proper
implementation of Home and Community Based Services (HCBS).
• Will be knowledgeable and current regarding HCBS services and
other trends in the field.
• Assure that HCBS programs meet all appropriate rules,
regulations, and quality assurance standards.
• Monitor program food and supply budgets for each program.
• Participate in On-Call Duties.
• Comply with Hiawatha Homes’ Staff Development requirements and
attend/participate in Professional Development as needed or
• Other duties as assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications & Skills All applicants must:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
At least three years experience in a directly related field
including supervision of staff and residential programs.
Familiar with person-centered planning principals and 245D
Good written and oral communication skills.
Commitment to high standards (quality), teamwork and
A valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record and
successful completion of Hiawatha Homes driving test.
Ability to speak, write, and comprehend the English
Upon hire, candidates must provide proof of employment
eligibility and proof of being free from tuberculosis.
All candidates must successfully pass a State of Minnesota
background check before working unsupervised.
As an employee, you will have the opportunity to receive the
Paid job training
Paid time off
Employer paid retirement plan
Health, Dental and vision insurance
Hiawatha Homes is an equal opportunity, affirmative action and
Questions Contact Human Resources | 507-289-7222 |
Providing quality support services to individuals with
disabilities at home and in the community.