Job Description - Sr Director, One Day Brand Marketing
Sr Director, One Day Brand Marketing - VIC0860
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO),is one of
the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The
Companyproduces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and
monthly contact lenses,all featuring advanced materials and optics.
CooperVision has a strong heritageof solving the toughest vision
challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia andchildhood myopia; and
offers the most complete collection of spherical, toricand
multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative
productsand focused practitioner support, the company brings a
refreshing perspectiveto the marketplace, creating real advantages
for customers and wearers. Formore information, visit
The role will plan, direct and manage the marketingstrategy and
execution in the U.S. for the CooperVision 1-day portfolio,
digitalmarketing, agency management and marketing analytics.
· The role is responsible for the pricing,promotion,
positioning, packaging and portfolio placement of the
· The role is responsible for developing themarketing plan for
the brand including sales expectations, brand supportrequirements
and brand objectives.
· The role is responsible for the financialperformance of the
brand including sales analysis, trial productivity andexpenses.
· The role oversees digital marketing strategy andthe North
American marketing technology roadmap
· The role directs analytical best practices andthe creation of
tools and templates to enable trend analysis and program ROI.
The role entails a high levelof partnering with marketing
colleagues, sales, customer marketing,professional affairs and
other commercial stakeholders such as legal,regulatory, supply
chain and finance to ensure aligned and comprehensiveprograms that
contribute to CVI US targeted commercial outcomes.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
Conceive, construct, implement, review and refine thecompany’s
U.S. 1-day marketing strategy and plans, and lead the necessary
communicationand influence internally and into the market so that
market share, brand equityand financial goals are optimized. This
includes the following for the 1-dayportfolio of national and
· Product positioning;
· Recommend pricing strategies and tactics, tooptimize
· Channel strategy;
· Relevant marketing & selling materials
Lead development, alignment and communication of annualplans and
quarterly Plan of Action in partnership with sales, marketing
andother cross-functional stakeholders.
· Serve as the key brand interface with salesorganization,
customer services and other functions units to ensure
marketingstrategies and initiatives are well communicated and
executed and that allnecessary support is available to ensure
Drive improved decision making through actionableinsights.
· Partners with Sales Operations to ensure deliveryof consistent
and accurate analyses
· Analyze market insight, sales trends andstatistics and make
recommendations as appropriate:
· Conducts ongoing evaluations of competitivethreats and
opportunities and makes necessary recommendations to the
· Develop and own the unit and revenue forecastfor the 1-day
portfolio of product
· Oversee fit set activation and adoption
· Responsible for performance reporting,management and analysis
of syndicated market data
Develop and execute a holistic digital communication anddemand
generation strategy for the CooperVision portfolio of national
andcustomer branded products and services in the U.S., as well as
· Defines roadmap for digital communications anddemand
generation activities, tools and processes that support execution
of theUS marketing & commercial strategies across all relevant
customer and enduser channels.
· Oversees creation and execution of digitalinitiatives
including content marketing, marketing automation, social
media,email and web marketing.
· Develops and drives digital analyticsmeasurement and reporting
to quantify return on investment.
· Promotes knowledge-sharing and enables andenhancement of the
broader marketing team’s digital marketing IQ.
· Management of external agencies and high levelof partnership
across Brand, Customer Marketing, Professional and AcademicAffairs,
IT and other commercial stakeholders, both regional and global,
toensure aligned and comprehensive programs that contribute to
CVI’s targetedcommercial outcomes, within defined resources.
Build powerful teams with agency partners and global& regional
· Manages agency selection, relationships,activity plans,
outputs, assessments and budgets in order to execute programsthat
are not conducted in-house.
· Informs life cycle management considerations toensure a
relevant and competitive commercial offer that drives penetration
andrevenue growth in the U.S. market.
· Provide input on strategic development ofglobal-led brand
claims and marcom asset development in order to ensureregional
requirements are met.
· Establishes and maintains relationships withregional
counterparts and ensures regular sharing of best practices.
Travel,predominantly domestic for company, industry and customer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated influencing skills; ability tobuild effective
relations and manage diverse, remote and cross-functional
teamsinside & outside of CVI required.
· Experience with complex product portfolios(breadth and depth
of SKUs), managing the full product lifecycle from launch
· Experience engaging and influencing keycustomers, via
presenting brand strategy and product roadmap required.
· Demonstrated proficiency in successfully, andsimultaneously,
managing the execution of multiple cross-functional
productmarketing projects required.
· Strong knowledge of organizational dynamics;proven history of
managing within complex business environments required.
· Strong financial understanding – full P&Lmanagement
· Strong analytical skills required.
· Experience with CRM and marketing automationplatforms such as
SFDC & Eloqua would be a plus.
· Excellent written, oral and presentation skillsrequired.
· Proficiency with office software includingMicrosoft Office
(with a high level of Excel skills) and Outlook required.
· Office-based with some travel to other CVIlocations, customer
sites and industry events.
· Sedentary to light physical effort necessary toperform the
· There will be extended periods of sitting andusing a
· Minimum of 15 years progressive product and/orbrand marketing
· Prior brand or product marketing leadershipexperience in B2B2C
· Experience in the vision care category or asimilar B2B2C
environment would be a plus.
· CPG marketing/customer marketing would be aplus.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.