Accounts Payable Purchasing Assistant
Company: Monro Muffler/Brake
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair
services industry. We are country's top company-owned automotive
repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people
who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only
what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is
done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,300
company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year
in the US in 32 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our
guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as
exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery,
electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services
under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and
a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to
The Accounts Payable Purchasing Assistant is responsible for
processing store requests for tire inventory purchases.
Additionally, the position assists within the Accounts Payable
department as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes inventory requests made by the Tire Barn brand name
stores via a web-based system.
- Place orders with the Company's inventory vendors after
receiving the requests from our retail stores.
- Create a purchase order/receiver in the company's inventory
system (JDA) to be transmitted electronically to the stores.
- Reconcile vendor's invoice to the purchase order/receiver and
investigate any discrepancies (cost or quantity related).
- Work closely with the Inventory department to ensure accuracy
of receivers and/or vendor invoices.
- Daily data entry of invoice information into AS400.
- Assists with special projects, as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two-year Accounting degree preferred with one or more years
related experience in Accounts Payable; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Ability to accurately process inventory requests from store
locations using the JDA system.
- Ability to work independently under a deadline and high volume
of inventory requests.
- Ability to communicate via phone or e-mail in a professional
manor is required.
- Good math skills and good data entry skills (speed and
- Sensitive to the concerns of both vendors and Monro associates
without compromising the A/P procedures.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to problem solve by using a logical, systematic and
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as they relate to
accounts payable invoices and vendors.
- Ability to read an interpret documents with regards to
policies, procedures and accounting related documents.
Monro Inc. is a strong, growing company. Founded in 1957 in
Rochester, New York, we now have over 1180 company-owned locations
servicing over four million cars each year in the US in 28 eastern
and mid-western states. Monro offers customers a wide range of tire
choices and repair services, such as exhaust, brake, suspension,
alignment, ride control, tire, battery, electrical, air
conditioning and scheduled maintenance services. We are a publicly
traded company and a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our
results and our return to our investors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Monro Muffler/Brake, Rochester , Accounts Payable Purchasing Assistant, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!