Part-Time HIM Clerk
Company: Rochester Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: February 17, 2020
Throughout its history, three values - work, wellness, and
independence - have remained at the core of Rochester
Rehabilitation. Working with a $7 million annual operating budget,
the agency serves 2,500 people in the Greater Rochester area living
with disabilities, behavioral health issues, and other
The Health Information Management Clerk maintains organization and
management of confidential medical records system in compliance
with health care standards and Office of Mental Health
- Prepares client medical records for screen admit, program admit
- Maintains databases and client information management systems
for Mental Health programs.
- Files documentation into active and inactive medical records on
a timely basis.
- Assures all documentation is maintained in correct sequence
according to the organized structure of the chart.
- Supports clinical staff related to management of the medical
record and medical record processes.
- Processes treatment plans.
- Runs reports from Excel spreadsheets and Access database.
- Enters diagnosis code in electronic records.
- Distributes medical records to clinicians in accordance with
- Composes and prepares correspondence requests both internal
- Receives and processes requests for information for
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures to include being
aware of the importance of Corporate Compliance Policies and the
Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for maintaining required certifications and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vocational/Technical/Business school graduate with one to three
years' experience in a Health Information Management department or
medical office setting.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Computer-based scheduling and patient information
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
--- Frequent sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, handling and
lifting less than 20 lbs.
To be considered for the position, please complete an online
application at the link below:
www.rochesterrehab.org/job seekers. Should you experience
difficulties, try clearing out your browsing history, cookies, and
cache in your browser and try again.
Our Agencies do not discriminate against employees or applicants in
the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence or any other term or
condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or
status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior
arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Rochester Rehabilitation Center, Rochester , Part-Time HIM Clerk, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!