Senior Counsel, Corporate & Transactions
Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Kodak is looking forSenior Counsel - Corporate and Transactions to join our Legal team in Rochester, NY.
Senior Counsel Corporate and Transactions works under the direction of the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel and Chief IP Officer and provides legal support for worldwide M&A, financing and other corporate transactional matters. This person will provide legal support to the Corporate Development Group, which is responsible for acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and similar strategic transactions, as well as the Treasury Group within the Corporate Finance Function. He/she will be a part of a multi-functional team led by the Deputy General Counsel and will work closely with Division Counsel who support each of the Company s Business Divisions. The selected candidate may be called upon to provide certain support to the Corporate Secretary function, to handle certain general litigation matters, and to support certain commercial transactions related to the activities of the Business Divisions.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable, profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in completing our transformation. We re building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
Responsibilities to include:
* Provide legal advice and support with respect to M&A, financing and similar strategic transactions
* Negotiate, draft and review definitive agreements
* As needed, provide legal advice and support for:
* Business Division activities
* Non-IP commercial litigation
* Corporate Secretary
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing complex transaction documents, in particular those relating to mergers and acquisitions and financing
* Preferable prior experience in developing and managing project budgets
* Ability to effectively and efficiently engage and manage outside counsel
* Ability to interact with senior management, Business Division management, and legal community
* Ability to work independently and to multitask and prioritize among numerous projects
* Experience with and understanding of US Securities laws preferable
* Willingness to travel, as necessary
* Juris Doctor degree, bar membership in one state, and minimum 6 years of relevant experience. Experience in a major law firm and the law department of multinational corporation is preferable.
* 7-10 Years
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes.
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester , Senior Counsel, Corporate & Transactions, Legal , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!