Sr Software Engineering Manager
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Job Title - - Sr Software Engineering Manager
Job Location - - Rochester, NY
Job ID - CS20193007-32324L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and
developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about
what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to
our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris
provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower
employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture
is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities,
and commitment to excellence in everything we do.About L3Harris
TechnologiesL3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and
defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that
meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides
advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea,
space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in
annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130
countries. -L3Harris.comJob Description: - Sr Software Engineering
Manager responsible for an organization of 10 software developers.
- The manager will have both functional and software project
management responsibilities. - Projects will be focused on embedded
software development for advanced secure radio communications
products. - - Responsibilities include:
- Perform project planning, tracking and oversight activities in
a CMMI Level 3 process-oriented environment.
- Report project and organizational status to Division
- Interact within the company with all functional areas regarding
product and system issues.
- Support sales related activities with customer briefings and
- Support the management and oversight of subcontractors and
support strategic sourcing objectives.
- Support Division new business pursuits by staffing and
executing proposal activities, providing cost effective and timely
solutions with descriptive text and detailed cost estimates.
- Facilitate organization direction, priorities, communications
and individual growth.
- Travel to customer and subcontractor sites, as
- Minimum BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS degree required.
- Minimum of 15 years engineering experience with 5 years
management experience to include:
- Experience with direct management and supervision of software
- Experience in performing project planning, tracking, and
oversight activities with occasional travel as necessary to perform
management and oversight of outside vendors or contractors
- Experience interfacing with Engineering, Manufacturing, Product
management, and outside vendors and contractors
- Experience with embedded software development in a
process-oriented environment.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Tactical Radio Communications waveforms and equipment
- Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS)
- Software Communications Architecture (SCA)
- CMMI and standard software development processes
- Experience with Agile Software Development process
- Experience with Earned Value Project Analysis
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols and Configuration (TCP/IP,
UDP, SNMP, etc.)
- Master's or MBA preferred.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.L3Harris Technologies is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for
employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace
that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical
conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic
information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in
any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris
maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment
substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by
Keywords: L3Harris, Rochester , Sr Software Engineering Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!