Object Oriented C++ Senior Software Engineer
Company: Harris Corporation
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Description: Job Title - Object Oriented C++ Senior Software
Job Location - Rochester, NY - or - Columbia, MD
Job Code - CS-29237
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving
customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing
solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports
government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and
has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is
organized into three business segments: Communication Systems,
Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more
Embedded software design engineer will be a member of a cross
functional team with hands on responsibility for all phases of the
software development process from requirements definition through
integration and testing of completed product. Responsibilities will
include system/software analysis, architecture definition,
high-level design, detailed design, implementation, testing,
documentation, and government certification of embedded software
for radio or other communications products. Requires the
application of the principles and techniques of computer science,
engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Research, design, develop, modify and evaluate embedded
computer software for electronic equipment or other communications
systems in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Determine design approaches and parameters. Analyze software
requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and
cost constraints. Analyze equipment to establish operating data,
conduct experimental tests and evaluate results.
- Perform detailed analysis including: requirements analysis, use
case scenarios, conceptual design, trade studies, test, operation,
maintenance, and reliability analysis of radio communications
products, internal subsystems, and external systems.
- Perform the functional analysis, requirements allocation and
technical interface definition to translate customer requirements
into software development specifications for the radio and
- Develop block diagrams and interface design
- Work with product design, test, manufacturing, logistics
engineering teams, product and program management and other groups,
and external customers as needed to define and execute radio
product development projects and deliver high-quality radio
- Prepare design and implementation reviews and oversee the
configuration management and control of requirements and design
documentation, and development software. Present technical
briefings and status reviews.
- Ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including
informal requirements, into total systems solutions that balance
the technical, schedule and cost constraints of the program.
- Consult with electrical engineers and other engineering staff
to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational
performance requirements of the overall system.
- Develop software system testing procedures and design
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience (2 years with an MS degree)
developing real-time embedded software in C or C++.
- 4+ years' experience developing and testing software developed
in C or C++.
- 2+ years' experience with OOA/OOD software development
- 4+ years' experience in full development lifecycle for software
- 2+ years of experience producing software development
documents, such as design documents and test plans.
- Active Secret U.S. DOD Security Clearance (or inactive for less
than 2 years).
- This position requires the candidate to already possess an
active DOD Secret clearance (or a DOD Secret clearance inactive
less than 2 years which can be immediately reactivated), and to
maintain the clearance.
- US citizenship is required. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience developing software on an embedded microprocessor
using an RTOS in C or C++.
- Experience designing and developing device drivers.
- Experience contributing to the development of software
- Experience with UML and OOA/OOD software development
- Experience with TCP/IP network protocols, routing, and writing
network communications software in C or C++.
- Experience in full development lifecycle for software
- Experience/knowledge of Capability Maturity Model
(CMM)/Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) systems and
software development processes or other defined SW development
- Familiarity with software analysis, design, development,
testing (including software unit testing), and automation
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to operate with
little supervision in diverse environments.
- A successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking
personal task assignments.
- Experience leading small product development teams and
mentoring other engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and debug software and related
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Cryptographic experience.
- Radio communications experience. Please be aware that many of
our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to
obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S.
citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of
employment may be subject to government security investigation(s)
and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and
agree that Harris Corporation may share your r--sum--, as well as
any other related personal information or documentation you
provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the
purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by
fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS
programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Monday, March 4, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Rochester , Object Oriented C++ Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!