Service Desk Manager
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Service Desk Manager Job in Rochester NY:
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for the effective operation
of Global IT Service Desk Operations; successfully achieving the
defined service levels and client satisfaction. This
individual is directly responsible for Global Service Desk across
The Service Desk Manager establishes and enforces global standards
to ensure consistent technology delivery and end-user experiences.
Establishes effective communications with appropriate executives
and managers to ensure that proper Information Technology needs are
delivered with excellence.
Essential Functions of the Service Desk Manager:
- Oversees the operations of Tier I & Tier II Service Desk teams,
PC/mobile device strategy/architecture, and system automation
- Optimizes and efficiently delivers with excellence high quality
incident, request management services throughout the organization
ensuring high customer satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Develops strategy and enforces global policies and standards
for all user tools, i.e. desktops, laptops, associated
applications, mobile devices, etc.
- Drives the modernization of technologies in all areas within
scope of responsibility to ensure that end user technology
foundation is at par with similar companies.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules feasibility studies and
surveys, including economic justifications of proposed versus
existing equipment and procedures.
- Assists department managers in selection and setup of
local/regional applications for their usage following application
approvals, standards, policies and procedures.
- Works with internal IT/IS departments and business units to
identify opportunities for service improvements as determined by
- Provides a high level of service, reporting, accountability,
and clear executive and technical level communications pertaining
to the areas of responsibility and accountability.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures relating to IT
specific contract requirements. Ensures contracts are in the best
interest of IT to ensure hardware and software, assets, data and
licensing are protected.
- Assesses, develops and implements alternatives to reduce the
total cost of ownership associated with IT equipment. This included
purchasing alternatives, maintenance alternatives, licensing
alternatives which are all designed to support the current
operating budget. Negotiates with vendors and management regarding
the purchasing of IT hardware and software to ensure the best cost
and services are provided.
- Tracks and plans PC/mobile device and software asset management
activities including inventory, and life-cycle management.
- Maintains compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and FDA validation
processes and procedures.
- Plans and manages departmental operating and capital
Qualifications of the Service Desk Manger:
- In depth knowledge of regional and global business objectives
- Ability to plan, organize and execute global projects and
- Deep knowledge in desktop automation, application delivery,
hypervisor technologies, Citrix, & VMWare.
- Excellent management skills and ability to re-enforce company
- Able to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow and manage Sarbanes Oxley and FDA validation
processes and procedures.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision-making,
presentation, human relations and organization skills.
- Intermediate skill in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and understand highly technical material.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- Travel ~10-25%
- Frequently subjected to pressure due to time demands
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science; may have
post-graduate education or training.
- At least 3 years ITIL experience and/or certification.
- Certified in Helpdesk Management preferred
Our client is ready to begin interviewing on site for the position
of Service Desk Manager. For more information or to be considered
for this opportunity please apply directly to this posting.
Keywords: , Rochester , Service Desk Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!