Software Engineer Return to Work Program
Company: Harris Corporation
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Description: Job Title: Software Engineer Return to Work Program
Job ID: CS-29165
Location: Rochester, NY
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue.
At Harris, we see great potential in experienced individuals who have taken a career break and are now looking to return to their chosen profession. Harris' Return to Work Program is designed to help ease your transition back into the workforce and relaunch your professional career. During this 12-week paid program, participants build on their past work experience and gain new skills through work aligned with their area of expertise in a supportive environment.
Selected experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive mentoring to guide their return to work experience. Upon successful completion of the program and based on performance, participants may receive an offer of full-time employment.
- Currently be on a career break of at least two years or more
- Have an interest in returning to work full-time
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience Job Description:
Harris is searching for talented software engineering candidates to join the Harris team. Candidates could focus in one or more of the following areas depending on existing skills and prior work experience:
- Designing, coding and unit testing of embedded software/firmware systems
- Application of the principles and techniques of computer engineering and software engineering.
- Developing and conducting software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining embedded software for real-time control of advanced tactical radio equipment.
- Execution of software development process in a CMMI Level 3 environment.
- Performing software/firmware component integration
- Participation in peer reviews
- Identifying, tracking and repairing defects. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar degree (with equivalent experience) required
- A minimum of 6 years of Application Software development and object-oriented design/development required, including relevant application technologies, with proficiency in at least one Application Development language (C#, C++, Java) Preferred Additional Skills:
- Proactive, fast learner with interest in learning new skills
- Ability to manage time, take direction and perform software development tasks independently, with limited oversight
- Ability to design software, including defining use cases, identifying alternatives, considering design patterns and using tools to document design (UML, Visio, Word)
- Experience using Visual Studio, Eclipse or Android Studio toolsets
- Experience with application technologies, such as: .NET, C#, WinForms, Java, WPF, MVVM, JSON, SQL, C++, XML, XSLT, SQL, LINQ, MFC, Device Drivers
- Experience/knowledge of Capability Maturity Model (CMM)/Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) systems and software development processes or other defined SW development process.
- Experience working on software in a disciplined environment (code reviews, unit testing, requirements, design, defect handling, source control), using defined engineering processes (Agile, Waterfall) MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study
- Understanding and knowledge of best practices for design processes, software/FPGA design, code development processes, release processes for simultaneous release of multiple devices.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to convey technical and business matters in a clear and logical manner. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Monday, December 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Rochester , Software Engineer Return to Work Program, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!