Specialist, Software Engineering
Company: Capital Markets Placement
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Description: Job Title -Specialist, Software Engineering Job Location - Rochester, NY Job Code - CS-29453 Employer is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com Job Description:
- Perform Embedded Software Design and Development of Platform and Waveform capabilities for an advanced Tactical Radio Product as part of elite team.
- Participate in the Software development life cycle; including design, coding, and Software integration.
- Must work well individually, with other Software engineers and non-engineering disciplines.
- Expertise with C++, required.
- Able to operate with general direction, and clearly report status.
- Position requires a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Qualifications:
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE required with a minimum of 4 years industry experience.
- 4 years with C, and / or C++ programming language and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) required.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience in a structured environment and experience with software emulators/debuggers required.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded design and/or real-time operating systems is required. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of configuration management practices and the usage of tools such as SVN desired.
- Knowledge of Linux a plus. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Employer may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Friday, January 4, 2019
Expiration Date: Sunday, January 5, 2020 Apply Here Department: Engineering - provided by Dice C++, Configuration Management, Development, Electronic Systems, Embedded, Embedded Software, Genetic, HTML, HTTP, Linux, Management, Multi-threaded, OOD, Programming, Security, SVN
Keywords: Capital Markets Placement, Rochester , Specialist, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!