Software Engineering Technical Lead
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Description: Job Title Software Engineering Technical LeadJob Location Rochester, NYJob Code CS20181###-####1 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at . Job Description: The Software Engineer is a member of the Networking Development Team within the Harris CS Division Software Development Group. Responsibilities include creating System Designs to incorporate and integrate networking protocols into the family of Harris DoD and/or International radio platforms. May supervise lower level SW engineers.Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (Min) in Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering or related field
- Lead Software Development Engineer with 6+ years experience in software defined radio development preferred.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering or related field preferred
- Requirements: C and C++ programming language experience and using industry standard development tools.
- Familiarity with HAIPE - high assurance internet protocol encryption or commercial IPSec methods desired
- Strong Object-Oriented development / programming background
- Familiarity with SVN and software quality management.
- Expertise with CORBA or other middleware development framework.
- Experience with real-time embedded systems
- Strong background in data networking protocols such as RIP, OSPF, PIM, QoS, SNMP, NETCONF
- Expertise with QNX and/or LINUX O/S and networking communication architectures, network stacks, and associated protocols.
- Past experience in leading software design efforts for new features, creating design requirements through implementation
- Responsible for trouble report analysis and resolution, test design, data analysis and script development for automated testing
- Operates with broad direction and requires minimal supervision
- Requires good communication skills and the ability to work on a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.#PIQ #PIQ
Associated topics: back end, c++, c#, develop, developer, devops, java, matlab, software developer, software programmer
Keywords: Harris, Rochester , Software Engineering Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!