Field Service Technician I- Rochester, NY
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Comfort starts with our 13,000+ team members across the globe,
who are transforming the power of comfort every day. Our employees
have the power to change lives, in our homes, work and communities.
We foster an inclusive environment while honoring a legacy built on
family, where everyone can be themselves.
If you are ready to join an industry leading organization where our
people are the most important asset, and innovation propels us into
the future, you're ready to take your seat at La-Z-Boy
WE BELIEVE IN THE TRANSFORMATIONAL POWER OF COMFORT Job Summary:
Provides after delivery service to our customers to address any
concerns with their product. Provides resolution by diagnosing and
repairing all aspects of customer concerns. Job Description: KEY
RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
* Establishes credibility with customers, inspects products to
identify any manufacturing defects, product abuse, and other
* Diagnoses issues and provides solutions to customers, including
time to repair, costs, and other potential options. May contact a
Representative at the Contact Center or Field Services Supervisor
if the product is beyond repair, for questions on warranty, etc. If
unable to provide resolution, communication must be made to the
Contact Center to provide further options for resolution including
up to full replacement of the product.
* Completes all data entry requirements after each service visit
and enters service information into customer's ticket (add notes
from the service event/attach photos of product highlighting
customer's concerns and product label). Responsible for daily
ordering of service parts and properly stocking service van with
* Schedules service appointments with customers and manages routing
schedule. Responsible for communications with customers (e.g.,
phone, email, text, etc.). Must also attempt to contact customers a
2nd & 3rd time if the customer does not respond via preferred
communications method, leaving detailed messages and requesting
* Communicates effectively with Supervisor, explaining details of
escalated customer concerns. Informs Supervisor of any accidents,
personal issues, customers that are not at home upon arrival, or
any situation that needs immediate action.
* Partners with store personnel to maintain showroom inventory and
to assist with customer's concerns for final issue resolution.
* Maintains all company owned assets including service vehicle,
(maintenance and cleaning), cell phones, laptop, tools, reporting
any concerns to Field Services Supervisor immediately.
* Manages expenses related to tools and supplies and vehicle
maintenance. Responsible for submitting timely expense reports with
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position has direct contact with our customer base and is
responsible for knowledge of company products, parts, and
warranties. Quality of repair/resolution, may impact customer
service level metrics (e.g., repeat visit counts, first time fix
rate, next available service, etc). Technicians must also possess
the necessary soft skills to effectively communicate with customers
while representing La-Z-Boy in a positive light.
* High school diploma or GED with 2-4 years of relevant experience
* Valid US issued driver's license
* Maintain acceptable driving record that meets company
* Previous in-home repair or installation experience
* Travel required: Up to 25%
* Associates Degree
* Possess complete understanding of repair, repair process and next
* Furniture Repair experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Often
required to sit, hear, listen, talk, stand, bend, kneel, squat,
pull, push, lift up to 30 pounds. Seldom required to use repetitive
hand motion (such as typing), walk, stoop, climb stairs, crouch,
balance, reach overhead, and lift over 50 pounds. Weekly Hours: 40
Work Shift: First Shift (United States of America)
Keywords: La-Z-Boy, Rochester , Field Service Technician I- Rochester, NY, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!