Sr. Software Developer (Software Infrastructure)
Company: Bandwidth Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like
Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of
the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice,
messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services- all backed by
Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network-allow us to power
the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We
celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic
As a member of our Software Infrastructure team, you'll get to
build and expand the "paved road" of how software makes its way
from our keyboards to our customers. You'll be responsible for
making our Software Engineers happy and productive. We're looking
for people who get excited about building tools and services to
improve the day to day experience of Software Engineers.
Not sure if you're 100% qualified? We encourage you to apply and
start a conversation! But you should be comfortable writing code,
digging around in a terminal, and bouncing complex technical ideas
off of teammates.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain Bandwidth's software platform used
by our software engineers.
- Empower our teams to build great software, simply and
- Develop and maintain first class developer tooling.
- Measurably improve build times and overall developer
- Play a critical role in making Bandwidth a great place to be a
What You Need
- 5+ years experience building and operating web services in
- Experience deploying and operating services in cloud
environments such as AWS
- Technical skill in a modern programming language (such as
- Experience with platform services (CI/CD, Config/Secrets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A results driven approach
- You have startup experience, or generally work in an
environment with independent work and less defined
- You have worked on a Software Platform team in the past
- You've written cloud infrastructure as code (Cloudformation,
Terraform, CDK, etc.)
- Experience building tools or services used by other developers
(OSS projects are great)
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we're pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is
rooted in our "Whole Person Promise." We promise all employees that
they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a
work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and
spirit. How do we do that? Well---
- You're guaranteed to be given "work that matters." If you ain't
feelin' that, let us know. We'll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn,
experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even
submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete
with awards and prizes.
- Your health insurance premiums are 100% paid by Bandwidth. So
are your dental insurance premiums. So are your life insurance
premiums. It's pretty nice.
- When you're on vacation, nobody is allowed to contact you. No
calls, texts, emails--- Enjoy your time off.
- We provide you with a gym membership, a lunchtime shuttle to
the gym, and give you 90 minutes for lunch if you work out.
- Not enough time to hit the gym? There's a locker room and
cardio equipment on the first floor.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Keywords: Bandwidth Inc., Rochester , Sr. Software Developer (Software Infrastructure), IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!