Dir IT - Web & Mobile Solutions - 002973
Company: Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Dir IT - Web & Mobile Solutions - 002973 The Director of
Information Technology - Web & Mobile Solutions is responsible for
the overall planning, organization, and execution of all IT
functions under their purview, ensuring that those functions
operate efficiently, effectively, and with the highest level of
quality. This position provides leadership support in service of
the strategic IT direction - particularly within the assigned
discipline - for process improvement, budget, quality, resource
management, and delivery. The Director is responsible for the
development and maintenance of web applications such as the
external site, member portal, provider portal, employer portal, and
broker portal - in addition to some internal applications - as well
as our iOS and Android mobile applications. In collaboration with
Marketing and Sales, they will develop and execute the
organization's digital strategy. The Director will drive the
implementation and optimization of Agile, Lean, and DevOps
practices within the web and mobile teams - tracking project and
service request timelines, deliverables, and implementation plans
across both internal and external teams. Through this work, they
will identify opportunities to reduce reliance on external vendor
support and development.
- Responsible for oversight of multiple application portfolios,
providing resources in support of these portfolios by leveraging
partnership with other teams within IT, as well as other business
partners, leaders, and external vendors - ensuring adherence of
code output to company standards.
- Supports and reinforces communication regarding
organization-wide as well as IT-specific vision and strategy to
direct management, ensuring that this communication is further
cascaded to all levels of management and staff.
- Serves as a proactive partner with the business in the
development of strategies to drive results in assigned areas.
- Participates, as required, in IT strategic planning, ensuring
that departmental objectives are aligned with overall IT
- Monitors general healthcare environmental trends. Partners with
peers in IT leadership to assess trends, identify organizational
implications, and make strategic recommendations.
- Researches and provides benchmarks for best practices,
directing and mentoring staff on process improvement and quality
management techniques to lower costs and improve product and
service quality for our customers.
- Develops viable and cost-effective sourcing alternatives.
- Keeps abreast of total cost of ownership (TCO) associated with
assigned disciplines - understanding its impact on overall
- Supports release management processes and policies in service
of cross-domain integration, testing, completeness, and
- In partnership with peers throughout IT, including
infrastructure production staff, acts as a gatekeeper to the
production environment, ensuring conformance to policies and
operational processes/procedures, release integration testing, and
- Monitors and reports on the progress of the resolution of high
impact problems according to established standards.
- Develops and plans IT costs as they relate to the assigned
function, and accepts full responsibilities for their budgets,
including, but not limited to, annual budget planning.
- Ensures the effective development and utilization of material
and human resources by developing budgets and maintaining
operational costs within corporate guidelines.
- Ensures that assigned resources are properly utilized and
accounted for and that up-to-date information on the use of
resources is maintained.
- Maintains knowledge of hardware, software, organizational
policies, and organizational management structures, using this
knowledge to advise on, and justify, their usage.
- Keeps abreast of latest advancements in technology, systems
tools & techniques, databases, and client-server computing.
Researches and deploys these technologies, as appropriate, to best
meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Models and drives continuous learning and maintains a highly
skilled and engaged workforce by aligning cross-functional resource
plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment,
selection, and development of talent; motivating and empowering
teams; building organizational capacity and developing
high-potential employees for growth opportunities and advancement;
staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best
practices; providing guidance and leadership when difficult
decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management
guidelines and expectations align with and drive business
objectives and results.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by
supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies' mission and values,
adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct, and Leading to the
Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the
corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory
mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with
- Conducts staff meetings, including but not limited to,
distribution and education related to departmental and
- Regular reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
field. Masters preferred.
- 10 years of related work experience, including a minimum of 4
years in IT and healthcare.
- Demonstrated skill and experience with strategic planning,
organizational development, communication, and high-level
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team of direct
- Demonstrated analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak fluently on all aspects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both
vertically and horizontally, across a range of disciplines, and
with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of structured systems analysis
and design, user relations, data gathering techniques, and
management information systems.
- Ability to travel across regions The Lifetime Healthcare
Companies aim to attract the best talent from diverse
socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify
our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and
inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our
organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and
background drives innovation which enables us to provide
leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission
in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to
diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that
include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun!
We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity,
innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering
competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job
description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications
deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Qualifications Education Preferred
Bachelors or better in Computer Science. Bachelors or better in
Information Technology. Masters or better in Computer Science.
Masters or better in Information Technology. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Rochester , Dir IT - Web & Mobile Solutions - 002973, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!