Posted on: May 6, 2021
In this role you will work as part of a team supporting our
client’s suite of applications. The primary technologies
involved are Java based applications that back up to an Oracle
database. Web services are also a component of the
environment. Solid skills with Java development, SQL for
relational databases and web services are required. As this
work is focused on an existing platform, the experience level we
are seeking is intermediate to advanced.
Responsibilities of the Java
- Defines development tasks and provides time estimates to aid in
- Monitors progress against task estimates to provide status.
- Under supervision can work with minimal direction on moderately
complex programming tasks
- Recognizes code, process, and / or standard inefficiencies and
makes suggestions for improvement, if applicable.
- Provides documentation to support program changes.
- Designs, builds, and tests applications for high performance
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure all
code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Supports programming changes during quality assurance, user
acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of
Required Skills of the Java Developer:
- 2+ years of experience with Java development
- 2+ years of web services development experience
- 2+ years relational database experience (SQL and Oracle)
- The ability to work on a collaborative team
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Java
- REST/JSON experience
- Automated Unit Testing experience (e.g. JUnit)
- RTC SCM/Workflow
- Experience HTML5 UI experience
- Spring experience
- Flex experience
- A wiliness to work in a collaborative Agile environment
Our client is ready to begin interviewing for role of Java
Developer in Rochester NY. For more information or to be considered
for this role please apply to this posting.
Keywords: , Rochester , Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!