Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Company: D3 Engineering
Posted on: March 28, 2020
D3 Engineering is seeking experienced Sr. Embedded Software
Engineers to execute the complete embedded software life cycle
across multiple processor platforms. The goal is to create scalable
and optimized real-time embedded software systems. Company
Overview:D3 Engineering is an engineering services company
specializing in real-time signal processing: Hardware, software,
and algorithms. We develop and produce embedded systems for some of
the worlds most innovative technology companies. Our work enables
next-generation products for performance-critical applications in
medical, industrial, automotive, and defense.D3 offers competitive
salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers
are engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small
company atmosphere. Responsibilities:Core responsibilities for this
position will encompass involvement in requirements definition &
architecture, software design, implementing software, unit test and
- Working with embedded processors running bare metal, real-time
operating systems and Linux on custom circuit cards. Will be
responsible for a variety of technical tasks including assisting
with board bring-up, developing driver and application level code,
and system verification.
- Conduct and oversee code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and
- Drive process and standards improvement efforts.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory
capacity for complex engineering projects. Provide a high level of
mentoring to other Software Engineers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and
work effort. May develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a
variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Expert knowledge of embedded software and firmware development,
including C and C++.
- FPGA programming experience is a plus.
- Up to date experience with an Embedded Linux platform, its
configuration, board support packages, boot loaders, kernel,
drivers, and application development is highly desired.
- Experience developing with GCC/GNU toolchain and Linux
development tools, including Git version control system
- Experience with the creation of custom Embedded Linux system
platforms and associated SDK using Open Embedded based tools such
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is
- Expert knowledge of simulation and analysis tools including
debuggers, code analyzers, software testing tools, etc.
- Experience developing drivers for SPI, I2C, Flash, Timers,
- Ability to read schematics and debug digital hardware using
oscilloscope, logic analyzer, or similar tools for
- Capable of a big picture, system oriented approach
- Solid technical leadership skills and ability to serve as a
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering discipline along with 5+ years of relevant
experience and/or equivalent combination. Masters Preferred.
- Demonstrated subject matter experience.*Note: D3 Engineering
does not sponsor visas. PM19 PI119318657
Keywords: D3 Engineering, Rochester , Senior Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!