Bakery Supervisor Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.BAKERY SUPERVISORJob SummarySupervises
Team Members and operations in the bakery department. Bakes,
decorates, packages, displays, rotates, and stores bakery products,
including freshly baked and prepackaged goods. Trains and coaches
Team Members on club policies and procedures and provides
assistance to Members.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers
questions and recommends bakery items. Responds to Member calls and
takes special orders.
- Supervises Bakers, Cake Decorators, and/or Bakery Clerks. Holds
department meetings to update Team Members on club policies and
procedures. Prepares schedules for the bakery department.
- Trains and develops team members. Assign, supervise and monitor
the workload of each team member.
- Assess team member performance. Provide actionable feedback.
Administer coaching for behavior and performance concerns for
- Provide feedback for team member performance reviews
- Participates in new team member interview process
- Evaluates the production of bakery products. Proofs and bakes
all unfinished bakery goods by following each item's product
handling information using ovens and/or other equipment. Uses
bakery production charts as a guide for production and display
needs. Decides and gathers products to be prepared for the next
- Packages freshly baked goods, including cookies, Danish
pastries, muffins, rolls, breads, pies, and cakes. Unpacks bakery
goods from the freezer. Displays proper amounts based on bakery
production chart recommendations. Rotates and stores bakery
products following proper work methods on food safety, food
freshness, and product handling policies and procedures. Ensures
all displays are clean and stocked. Assists with cake decoration as
- Receives and inspects bakery shipments. Conducts bakery
inventories as assigned by the general manager. Orders and
maintains bakery supplies as necessary.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Maintains the proper rotation of received goods. Checks
for out-of-date products daily and follows salvage and stale
product policies and procedures.
- Generates labels and price tickets for bakery goods and
performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items
are accurately priced.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, display fixtures, and food
surfaces in the bakery, including ovens, cooking utensils,
refrigerated cases, display racks, and tables.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience working in a bakery environment preferred.
- Knowledge of bakery products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There
may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan
merchandise, which can require bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, pushing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater
than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent
exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or
coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.BJ's
Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Rochester , Bakery Supervisor Job, Hospitality & Tourism , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!