Posted on: August 7, 2022
System ID: 833151
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: NAZARETH CATERING
Unit Contact: Karen Scherzi-Maddelena 585-389-5161
Target Hourly Rate: $25.00/hr UNIT DESCRIPTION #IN #HS #PM #CB
- Reports to the Catering Manager
- Weekly and monthly input of company expenses from corporate
- Assist in month end inventory of all catering supplies,
alcohol, and equipment.
- Working with vendors to order catering supplies, linens,
nonalcoholic beverages, special miscellaneous products, and small
wares. Assure deliveries are accurate and timely.
- Update catering table needs spreadsheet and attending weekly
facilities meetings to ensure various departments on campus are
aware of set up requirements.
- Attend and occasionally run BEO meetings with catering chef and
- Be able to schedule, train and oversee any hourly or on call
- Required to run all Arts Center concessions.
- Be ServSafe certified or ability to become certified within 90
days of employment.
- Other duties as assigned Benefits include health, vision,
dental, 401(k), PTO, sick time, access to college facilities such
as pool and work out center. Benefits start day of hiring. Must be
covid-19 vaccinated prior to starting job. Position Summary The
Supervisor - Senior may work in any type of food location on client
premises. This individual provides oversight at the direction of
management on site to coordinate routine work activities of workers
and/or service employees engaged in food operations or services at
either larger complex facilities or locations in the areas of
commercial, health care, schools, universities or other
establishments. This individual will provide support to management
in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the
normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the
facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of
subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or
functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for
activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are
- Serves as a working lead supervisor coordinating activities of
workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services
at larger complex facilities of commercial, health care facility,
school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1or more years related work experience. Skills/Aptitude:
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of
staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use a computer. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push, and/or pull, and
frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40
pounds. Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific
to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer. Benefits Eligibility Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo, Rochester , Catering Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!