Store Loss Prevention Manager
Company: Dick's Sporting Goods
Posted on: February 25, 2021
DescriptionWe're building something new in Victor, NY. A
destination devoted to sports. A place where the community will
gather and be inspired. To create this new experience, we're
building a leadership team that will dream big, obsess over the
athlete (our customer), inspire teammates and challenge every
'normal' thing about retail. As a Store Loss Prevention Manager,
you will support the Store Leadership team in achieving company
objectives by managing all Loss Prevention programs and policies
within the store. This key role will have the tremendous
responsibility of keeping our teammates, our athletes and our store
safe. In addition you may provide multi-store support with regard
to external theft mitigation and combatting Organized Retail Crime
trends. This includes networking with law enforcement, loss
prevention professionals and other retailers to identify and create
comprehensive case files for repeat external theft perpetrators and
minimize exposure to loss and fraud. This position will further
support the District Loss Prevention Manager(s) by conducting
awareness training, root cause analysis and threat assessments.
The role you'll play: External & Internal Theft Identification &
- Detection, investigation, and documentation of Organized Retail
Crime, and other violations of law and/or company policy.
- Oversee case development and disposition and effectively manage
multiple case assignments.
- Utilization of analytics, social media and third party websites
to initiate and support investigations.
- Monitor for indicators of external and internal loss and report
any and all circumstances or incidents to the District Loss
- Utilization of covert equipment within DICK'S Sporting Goods
- Proactively monitor controls and conduct local and remote
surveillance to identify possible dishonest activity - internal and
- Utilize point of sale exception reporting tools and cash over /
short reports to identify and react to abnormal or suspicious
activity and training opportunities.
- Respond to and investigate all instances of reported and
suspected dishonesty and abuse, conduct integrity and witness
interviews, gather and maintain appropriate evidence and support
disciplinary and prosecution.
- Effectively network with retail and government resources to
identify, investigate and address organized retail crime
activities. Improving Operational Execution and Profit Performance
- Support, promote and actively demonstrate company values
related to customer service.
- Provide ad hoc support for the general needs of the business as
- Trains all store associates and managers on Company Loss
Prevention programs to ensure compliance.
- Work with DLPM and store director to identify priorities and
develop appropriate operational and profit improvement
- Analyze key metrics to identify operational deficiencies and
financial risks, develops tactics to improve.
- Conducts ongoing MES training, ensures timely completion of
certification programs, assists with all new-hire training and
in-depth training for specialized positions.
- Conducts regular review of operational processes for compliance
- SIM, Transfers, Claims, RTVs, SFS, BOPIS and Known Loss
Reporting. Develops tactics for improvement as necessary.
Management of Loss Prevention Programs
- Schedule and conduct required loss prevention, operations and
safety related audits.
- Responsible for conducting store Loss Prevention assessments to
ensure compliance with company processes and legal
- Assists Store Director with planning, training, preparing and
execution of the annual inventory.
- Serves as the Shrink Coach and is responsible for all related
duties, including executing the store Shrink Business Plan and Red
Alert program requirements. Physical Security & Safety
- Ensures compliance with physical building security to include
monthly alarm tests, alarm call response and store alarm call list
- Ensures the safety and security of teammates, athlete and
property per local regulations.
- Completes safety, security, and compliance audits and
- Partners with DLPM and LP Coordinator to resolve any alarm and
- Ensures any key or safe combination changes occur upon changes
- Assist in creating, maintaining and ensuring compliance of
safety related standard operating procedures for the building,
service areas, climbing wall and field
The experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of loss prevention or related retail
- Certified Forensic Interview, preferred
- Loss Prevention Certified, preferred
- Flexible availability including nights, weekend, and
- Excellent communication, operations and organizational
- A proven track record of leading a customer-first team
- Strong relationship building experience
- A passion for relentless improvement, embracing and driving
positive change DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Dick's Sporting Goods, Rochester , Store Loss Prevention Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Victor, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!