Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) - Part-Time - Correctional Me
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Womens Health opening in Rochester, New York. Company Introduction:
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986.
We're a private, physician founded, nationally accredited
correctional health care practice. Correctional medicine is a
challenging and exciting opportunity for today's medical
professional, in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all
of your learned skills and knowledge. Correctional healthcare is
the perfect hybrid of Outpatient and Urgent/Emergency medicine,
serving an underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
Job Description: PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) provides
comprehensive healthcare services to over 70 county-level jails,
prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 different
states in the Northeastern US. We are presently seeking an
experienced and hard-working, Part-Time Women's Health Nurse
Practitioner (WHNP) to work in the medical department of the Monroe
County Jail in Rochester, NY. This position offers exceptional
scheduling flexibility, and is only 4 hours per week (Monday -
Friday, or weekend hours available)! You can pick and choose how
you'd like to complete these weekly hours, thus we can accommodate
around virtually any schedule! Job Duties: The Nurse Practitioner
will work to provide a broad spectrum of women's health care
services and serve as a liaison between the facility and local
OB/GYN specialists. You will be responsible for performing a
variety of duties such as performing prenatal and post-natal care,
coordinating and monitoring a health maintenance program for
patients, counsels patients in family planning and general health
education, and counseling families with mental health problems.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Providing counseling and education on common medical
- Performing histories and physicals on all newly committed
inmates/patients in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, facility
requirements, and PCM policies and procedures.
- Complying with standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA
and accepted healthcare standards.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs
according to annual in-service calendar, as assigned by PCM Medical
Director and/or Administrator.
- Reviewing inmate/patient records to determine health status and
initiate necessary treatment.
- Screening inmate/patient sick call requests to determine
appropriate follow up care.
- Evaluating inmate/patients at sick call for common
- Ordering appropriate laboratory tests.
- Ordering specialty consultations when indicated.
- Providing other services as required at the request of the PCM
Medical Director and/or Administrator.
- Providing ongoing, continuous care for inmates/patients with
chronic medical problems such as asthma, hypertension, and
- Collecting specimens for, and carrying out commonly performed
blood, urine, and stool analyses and cultures.
- Evaluating and initiating treatment in emergency situations
such as cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, hemorrhage, burns,
- Prescribing therapeutic modalities such as medications and
diets in accordance with regulations. QUALIFICATIONS: This position
is exciting and fast paced, and as such we must have someone who is
able to multi-task well and has excellent time management skills.
They must also have the ability to work independently and be
comfortable with making patient diagnosis on their own. Other
requirements for the WHNP position include:
- Licensed to practice as a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner in
the State of New York.
- Previous experience in correctional healthcare preferred, but
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Maintain current DEA number.
- Maintain current Driver's License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
- Strong clinical skills are a must. Company Overview: We're
committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional healthcare
by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management,
continuously improving the standards of care and striving for
national accreditation for all facilities. Dedicated to
correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our strong client
relationships, effective and efficient management of healthcare
services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our
success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities
for development and advancement are ample. PCM utilizes a
proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically
designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is
user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we're
dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing
individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We
teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our
call requirements, to ensure that you're life outside of your
career is focused on the things that truly matter. To learn more
about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is the choice for quality
correctional health care, please apply today to schedule a phone
interview. We're ready to speak with you about joining our
PrimeCare Medical family!
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Rochester , Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) - Part-Time - Correctional Me, Healthcare , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!