Lab Coordinator II, Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Monroe Community College
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Location: Rochester, NY Category: Professional Staff Posted On:
Tue Nov 1 2022 Job Description: Function of Position:The Lab
Coordinator supports the EDIWS Healthcare programs and reports to
the Program Coordinator, LPN. This person is responsible for the
oversight and supervision of all lab operations, from ordering
supplies to operation and maintenance of all SIMS equipment. The
Lab Coordinator will assure that all students enrolled in the
healthcare programs are scheduled, trained, and supported in the
lab to assure student success. Flexible hours are a must to best
support the students enrolled in the program.Examples of Duties &
- Coordinate all aspects of the lab, record-keeping, equipment,
and follow-up tracking.
- Maintains consistent communication with team members and
student's lab hours and needs.
- Participate in program initiatives, to include attending
- Assures all students and staff are oriented to lab and
- Tracks participation and data points as directed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
LPN Program Coordinator.
- Flexible work scheduleMCC Expectations:
- Adheres to the College Code of Conduct.
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable,
inclusive, and collaborative College environment.
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community
- Commits to professional growth. which includes seeking ongoing
training in diversity, equity and inclusion to better serve
students.Job Requirements:Required Qualifications:
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Knowledge/experience with SIMS, ATI, LPN training
- Knowledge of community and community resources.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission and
philosophy of the community college and EDIWS.
- Experience in and understanding of non-traditional pathways and
serving diverse populations of students.Preferred Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse
- Experience in fostering academic success among underserved,
diverse student populations
- Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish, or other
languages, proficientlyAdditional Information:MCC is currently
testing a Pilot Telecommuting Program that runs from October 25th,
2021 to December 31st, 2022. Under the pilot program, this position
may be eligible for remote work up to 5 days per pay period pending
departmental need and leadership approval. The pilot program may be
extended or terminated at any time at the College's
discretion.Monroe Community College prohibits discrimination based
on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
familial status, gender identity or expression, age, genetic
information, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental
disability, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence,
victim status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristic or
status protected by state or federal laws or College policy in
admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees, or
in any aspect of the business of the College. MCC provides equal
access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.Notice
Annual Campus Security & Fire Safety Report MCC employees are not
required but are encouraged to verify vaccination and boosters to
protect yourself and others from COVID-19. If you have not verified
vaccination and you plan to come to campus for any reason, you must
test each week for COVID-19 at one of our free testing sessions
held on the Brighton campus. Effective March 2nd 2022, mask wearing
for fully vaccinated employees at MCC campuses and sites will be
optional.Please click here
to learn more about MCC's COVID-19 policies.
Keywords: Monroe Community College, Rochester , Lab Coordinator II, Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!