Posted on: September 26, 2022
US-NY-HenriettaCategory Assisted LivingType Regular
Part-TimeFLSA Status Non-ExemptShift DaysDepartment Senior
LivingCorporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC)
NYOverview$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! Woodcrest Commons, a DePaul Senior
Living Community in Henrietta, is now hiring a part-time LPN on the
day shift! COVID-19 Considerations: All employees will be required
to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Responsibilities
- Respects and maintains resident rights and confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents,
staff and guests and service providers.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Resident Care
Aide and Medication Technician.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times; is a role model to
- Provides orientation and training to new resident care staff
and supervises / evaluates the work performance of Resident Care
Aides assigned to your shift.
- Assists with medication to residents as per physician's orders,
quality assurance standards and state regulations.
- Supervises the "checking-in" of medications.
- Transcribes medication orders from consults and telephone
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in medication
- Provides oversight to staff assisting with PRN medications for
residents deemed incapable of making this decision by their primary
care provider, ALR / SNARLSs only.
- Monitors residents' needs and makes appropriate referrals to
outside service providers.
- Communicates information regarding resident's physical and
mental status to the Resident Care Director or attending physician
- Advises and consults with the Resident Care Director / ALP
Nurse whenever necessary concerning resident care and personnel
problems. Acts as spokesperson for administration relaying
information to and from resident care staff.
- Reviews 24-hour report and follows up on all tasks as indicated
- Completes rounds at least 2 times per shift (or more if
necessary). Ensures that supplies are available as needed by
resident care staff and makes recommendations for assignments to
resident care staff upon the completion of rounds.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs without assistance.
- Performs other duties as needed or requested by
- Relates professionally to staff from regulatory
- Ability to communicate with residents and staff in
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted
- Ability to visually observe residents, to hear emergency
systems and verbal needs expressed by Residents.
- Ability to turn, stoop, bend and stretch in order to assist
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to use equipment competently.Ability to respond to
emergencies, i.e. resident choking, evacuation of residents and
visitors in the event of fire.
- Ability to push medication cart down hallway without
- LPN License required.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- One (1) year working in a care-giving capacity, prior
medication management experience and supervisory experience
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and ability to
- Must have the required references and criminal record
- Must have the required annual Tuberculosis (TB) testing and
Annual Health Assessment in accordance with New York State
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , LPN Supervisor, Healthcare , Henrietta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!