Health Service Administrator (HSA) - Registered Nurse (RN) - FT
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Correctional Medicine opening in Albion, New York. This and
other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
PrimeCare Medical is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN)
-to work as the -Health Service Administrator (HSA) in the medical
department at the Orleans County Jail located in Albion, NY. In
this role the HSA is the designated health authority whose
responsibility is administratively overseeing the health care
delivery system at the local facility.
- Recruit, orient, supervise and evaluate performance of mental
health, nursing and clerical personnel.
- Administrative supervision of physicians, physician assistants,
nurse practitioners and nursing staff. Assign and direct
- Approve the nursing schedule and aid the nursing supervisor in
recruiting replacement staff.
- Counsel, discipline, suspend and/or terminate employees who
violate established policies/procedures.
- Complete annual Personnel Action Notice on all directly
supervised employees. Report to and meet with Regional Coordinator
on a regular basis.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with facility
staff, unit staff, contracted providers, outside service providers,
and corporate staff.
- Function as a role model for staff.
- Make use of established Corporate and facility policies and
procedures in decision-making.
- Audit payroll time sheets, calculate and approve total hours,
monitors and reports overtime to Regional Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit required statistical, narrative summary
and/or operational reports according to schedule (monthly,
- Screen all requests for copies of records and in collaboration
with Corporate staff.
- Review status of patients with serious acute and/or chronic
health problems and ensure that necessary intervention and
treatment is rendered.
- Handle, in writing, all patient complaints/grievances.
- Monitor inpatient hospitalizations for length of stay and
duration of follow-up. Activate early release procedure when
- Administratively monitor and evaluate medical services to avoid
the inappropriate use and/or duplication of services. Evaluate
referrals to outside consults for applicable security restrictions
and intervenes when necessary.
- Identify financial responsibility for inmate/patient incurred
expenses and report to Corporate Office.
- Maintain stock inventories and order supplies and equipment
- Monitor and evaluate physical safety requirements for
inmates/patients and staff to ensure a safe working
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and
benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for
full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and
Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and Tuition
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Rochester , Health Service Administrator (HSA) - Registered Nurse (RN) - FT, Healthcare , Albion, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!