Educator - RN
Company: Elderwood at Hornell
Posted on: August 6, 2022
This job is located in Hornell. Join Our Team: Put the CARE back
in CAREER - Join our team today! Overview: Responsible for
orientation and in-service education for all levels of personnel,
and for coordination of in-service programs for all departments;
serves as the Primary Instructor for the Nursing Assistant 100-Hour
Training Program and Program Coordinator for the Tuition Assistance
- Plans and leads General Orientation Program which includes a
tour of building; presentations by department heads to acquaint new
personnel with philosophy of facility management and quality
assurance programs; overall operation and inter-relationship of
services; and information about the topics of resident rights and
abuse reporting, confidentiality of information, fire safety and
disaster plans, infection control which includes bloodborne
diseases and tuberculosis information , safety practices/toxic
substances, and needs of the elderly, ill and handicapped.
- Coordinates program development and implementation, and serves
as an instructor of the Nursing Assistant 100-Hour Training
- Coordinates Clinical Skills Evaluation testing for Nursing
- Serves as Program Coordinator for the Tuition Assistance
- Coordinates the schedules of Nursing Assistant Trainees for
written exam testing, and recording of certification.
- Schedules and presents training programs and ensures that
Nursing Assistants complete six hours of in-service education every
- Maintains records and data concerning Nursing Assistant
100-Hour Training Program.
- Plans, coordinates and participates with department heads as
needed to implement orientation programs for new staff in each
department. Base wages increase with experience! Base salary
starting at (note: salary increases with experience):: USD
- Credentials of a Registered Professional nurse with a current
NYS license required.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Experience in in-service education or skills in teaching; at
least one year experience in a long-term health care facility
- Ability to work cooperatively with personnel at all levels
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Personal qualities of enthusiasm; interest in needs of
residents, and quality assurance desirable.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
required. Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Hornell, Rochester , Educator - RN, Healthcare , Hornell, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!