Temporary Nursing Aide (TNA)
Company: Elderwood at Hornell
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Join Our Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER - Join our team
today! Overview:Are you a nursing student or former CNA, HHA or
PCA? Have you always been a caretaker by nature? This is an
opportunity to make a difference (and a pay check), up close and
personal, helping to take care of loved ones at Elderwood at
The Temporary Nurse Aide Track provides accelerated training and
mentorship that will allow you to perform specific tasks with our
resident population. While this role is listed as temporary, we
will provide you with the opportunity to continue on to our Nurse
Aide Training Program to become a CNA.
Temporary Nurse Aide (TNA) position Overview:
- TNA team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being
of our residents by providing direct nursing and personal care
support. This position is responsible for assisting residents with
all aspects of Daily Living Activities ensuring that the highest
degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. The TNA
position is established by the designated facility as a temporary
measure and shall be implemented only in accordance with
state/federal permission, waiver and mandates.
- Will lead to CNA certificationCertified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Elderwood at Hornell's CNA Training course will last for three
weeks, Monday to Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm (times may vary
- Once you pass, your status (and pay) will be adjusted from TNA
- Elderwood will pay for the CNA certification test as well as
any applicable onboarding requirements, including but not limited
to PPD and Physical for eligible candidates.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards
residents, staff and visitors.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing
situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs,
such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information
and privacy when performing job duties.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living
(ADL), according to their plan of care, individual needs, and care
preferences: Bathing, Dressing, Easting, Positioning, Ambulation,
Grooming (including nail care), Toileting, Exercising,
- Assist in providing appropriate mental stimulation and
validation therapy for residents, unless contraindicated:
- Encourage participation and transport residents to activity
- Place residents in areas conducive to social interaction at
periods throughout the day.
- Provide validation therapy in conversation with resident
throughout the day, including appropriate conversation during
mealtime and care
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with
fellow team members; considering the impact of your actions on team
- Assist other team members in the performance of their
- Seek out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems
it necessary within facility.
- Receive report about status of residents from licensed
professional and/or designated department head prior to providing
- Notify licensed professional and/or designated department head
of changes in residents' conditions needs, and of any unusual
incidents regarding residents:
- Follow plan of care in providing daily living and personal care
services for resident.
- Inform licensed professional and/or designated department head
if difficulty occurs providing personal care services or if unable
to complete tasks per personal care plan.
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence
standards and goals established for this position, and for all
staff members of this facility.
- Performs all position duties according to safety rules and
standards of practice required for this position, and as required
to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of
- Timely report about facility equipment that needs repair,
unsafe conditions in room or unit area, or personal needs of
residents, such as adaptive equipment and alarms.
- Maintain facility standards for resident careBase salary
starting at (note: salary increases with experience):: USD
- Minimum 16 years of age required; high school diploma or
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of
- Certificate of completion of the established company TNA
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from
vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are
evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information,
military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or
any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status
unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood at Hornell, Rochester , Temporary Nursing Aide (TNA), Healthcare , Canisteo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!