Nursing Supervisor - Part Time
Company: Rochester Regional Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SUMMARYThe Registered Nurse Supervisor at UMMC serves as
administrative representation on evening, night and weekend shifts
in coordinating and overseeing patient care delivery. The Nurse
Supervisor provides leadership, direction, patient care,
facilitates patient admissions, assures appropriate staffing and
consults with nursing, medical and administration as necessary.
Maintains standards of professional nursing practice and supports
the nursing philosophy and objectives, as well as initiatives. All
practices and patient care decisions will be consistent with
established hospital policy and procedure, JCAHO and all other
state and federal laws.STATUS: Part Time (24 Hours)LOCATION: United
Memorial Medical Center in Batavia, NYDEPARTMENT:
Hospital-basedSCHEDULE: Rotating shifts during week = 1 (7a-7pm
shift) & 1 (7p-7am shift)*Must be flexible if sick calls
- Education/Training: Graduate from an approved school of nursing
program with at least five (5) years of clinical experience
- Licensure/Certification: Current RN licensure to practice in
the State of New York.
- Annual BLS and ACLS required.
- Annual PALS or NRP required.Experience/Skills/Abilities:
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific
competencies and skill verification tools required.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in a
caring, considerate and concerned manner.
- Willingness to accept responsibility.
- Ability to direct ancillary and assistive staff and organize
- Leadership skills essential to the position.RESPONSIBILITIES1.
Demonstrates use of the nursing process in the delivery of patient
- Assessment; ongoing collection of subjective and objective
data, interpretation of information and formulation of nursing
- Planning; must be able to prioritize patient needs to set
short/long term goals.
- Implementation; must be able to enforce the plan of care and
- Evaluation; on going measurement of the patients progress in
attaining the established goals and determination of the need to
change interventions.2. Provides care and education incorporating
age-specific, cultural, spiritual and end of life needs of the
patient and significant other into the plan of care.3. Demonstrates
critical thinking skills and exercises nursing judgment in
evaluating patient care situations:
- Interpretation; must have the ability to understand and
- Analysis; must be able to examine, organize, differentiate and
- Evaluate; must have the ability to assess the credibility,
significance and applicability of sources of information necessary
to support conclusions.
- Inference; must have the ability to formulate hypothesis or
draw conclusions based on the evidence.
- Explanation; must be able to explain the assumptions that lead
to the conclusions reached.
- Self Regulation; must have the ability for self-examination and
self correction.4. Encourages an environment that optimizes patient
and environmental safety and in accordance with applicable laws,
regulations and compliance effort:
- Proactively identifying potential and actual patient safety
risks, identifying underlying causes and making the necessary
improvements through a systems-based approach.
- Operates and maintains equipment utilizing proper procedures,
established policies and reporting of malfunctioning
- Communicates issues of concern and safety in a timely,
appropriate manner.5. Demonstrates effective documentation and
- Supports and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team
- Actively supports the Shared Governance Concept.6. Fulfills
- Maintains all education, licensure, certification and
- Fosters an environment conducive with the standards of
Professional Nursing Practice Philosophy.
- Adheres to the UMMC Standards of Behavior.
- Identifies and promotes opportunity for self/staff professional
growth.7. Provides support and supervision to the staff in the
delivery of patient care:
- Exhibits exceptional leadership skills
- Ensures effective staffing.
- Provides/performs counseling activities to personnel in a
- Attends all emergency situations
- Facilitates patient admissions/transfers and conflict
- Functions as a mentor/role model
- Obtains supplies/medications as necessary when ancillary
departments are closed.
- Continually participates in customer service and facilitates
service recovery as needed. 8. Medical Transport:
- It is within the scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, at
the direction of the Emergency Department Physician, to transport a
patient receiving blood products via ambulance in life threatening
situations. Management of advanced life support care is provided by
the paramedic or medical control. UMMC nurses can only take
direction from medical control. EDUCATION LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN -
Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS : M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or
greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.
Keywords: Rochester Regional Health, Rochester , Nursing Supervisor - Part Time, Healthcare , Byron, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!