TNA - Temporary Nursing Aide - CNA Training Track
Company: Elderwood at Hornell
Posted on: November 19, 2021
This job is located in Hornell.Join Our Team: Make a difference
in the lives of others. Join our team today! Overview: Are you a
nursing student or former CNA, HHA or PCA? Have you always been a
caretaker by nature? This is an opportunity to make a difference
(and a pay check), up close and personal, helping to take care of
loved ones at Elderwood at Hornell.The Temporary Nurse Aide Track
providesaccelerated training and mentorship that will allow you to
perform specific tasks with our resident population. While this
role is listed as temporary, we will provide you with the
opportunity to continue on to our Nurse Aide Training Program to
become a CNA.Temporary Nurse Aide (TNA) position Overview:
- TNA team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being
of our residents by providing direct nursing and personal care
support. This position is responsible for assisting residents with
all aspects of Daily Living Activities ensuring that the highest
degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. The TNA
position is established by the designated facility as a temporary
measure and shall beimplemented only in accordance with
state/federal permission, waiver and mandates.
- Will lead to CNA certificationCertified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Elderwood at Hornell's CNA Training course will last for three
weeks, Monday to Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm (times may vary
- Once you pass, your status (and pay) will be adjusted from TNA
- Elderwood will pay for the CNA certification test as well as
any applicable onboarding requirements, including but not limited
to PPD and Physical for eligible candidates. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards
residents, staff and visitors.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing
situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs,
such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information
and privacy when performing job duties.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living
(ADL), according to their plan of care, individual needs, and care
preferences: Bathing, Dressing, Easting, Positioning, Ambulation,
Grooming (including nail care), Toileting, Exercising,
- Assist in providing appropriate mental stimulation and
validation therapy for residents, unless contraindicated:
- Encourage participation and transport residents to activity
- Place residents in areas conducive to social interaction at
periods throughout the day.
- Provide validation therapy in conversation with resident
throughout the day, including appropriate conversation during
mealtime and care
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with
fellow team members; considering the impact of your actions on team
- Assist other team members in the performance of their
- Seek out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems
it necessary within facility.
- Receive report about status of residents from licensed
professional and/or designated department head prior to providing
- Notify licensed professional and/or designated department head
of changes in residents' conditions needs, and of any unusual
incidents regarding residents:
- Follow plan of care in providing daily living and personal care
services for resident.
- Inform licensed professional and/or designated department head
if difficulty occurs providing personal care services or if unable
to complete tasks per personal care plan.
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence
standards and goals establishedfor this position, and for all staff
members of this facility.
- Performs all position duties according to safety rules and
standards of practice required for this position, and as required
to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of
- Timely report about facility equipment that needs repair,
unsafe conditions in room or unit area, or personal needs of
residents, such as adaptive equipment and alarms.
- Maintain facility standards for resident care Qualifications:
- Minimum 16 years of age required; high school diploma or
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of
- Certificate of completion of the established company TNA
trainingElderwood expects all current and new employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination.Employees may request a medical or
religious exemption from vaccination. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered
for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or
physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Hornell, Rochester , TNA - Temporary Nursing Aide - CNA Training Track, Healthcare , Arkport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!