Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN #)
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates
for the LVN/LPN position to work full-time and PRN providing
medical care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health
Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the
organizational structure of the United States Immigration and
Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO)
under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps
Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the
healthcare professionals working together to provide quality
healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for
detainee health care.
IHSC's mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of
individuals in the custody of ICE through an integrated health care
delivery system, based on nationally recognized correctional,
detention and residential health care standards. The Agency is
committed to providing healthcare services to protect the nation's
health, reduce global disease and provide medical support for the
law enforcement mission of the safe apprehension, enforcement and
removal of detained individuals involved in immigration
proceedings. IHSC is committed to ensuring a system of care that is
ethical, responsible, and accountable through rigorous surveillance
and monitoring activities.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of
Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted
practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as
appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to
- Evaluates health care needs of residents and assists RN in the
development of nursing care plans to meet those needs.
- Assists with gathering resident data during sick call and
- Obtains medical information on residents using pre-established
questionnaire and appropriately refers abnormal findings or
responses or stated medical problems to the RN, midlevel provider
- Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually
cognizant of the potential hazards of drug hoarding and trafficking
- Provide patient/resident education as appropriate.
- May coordinate health care needs of residents with healthcare
team and referrals to off-site providers as appropriate for
- Assures a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Participates as member of health care team to ensure that
needed equipment, supplies and logs are available, clean,
functional and up to date.These services will be primarily to
conduct tuberculosis surveillance i.e. digital single view chest
- Collect laboratory specimens as requested per IHSC policy and
procedures. Other duties as assigned. ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential
healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an
entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
- Graduate from an approved, accredited Vocational/Practical
Nurse program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience in a hospital,
medical office or outpatient clinical setting.
- Maintains current, active and unrestricted LVN/LPN license by
the state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to
license must be reported to employer immediately.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers-- certification through
the American Heart Association.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability and proficiency to properly use equipment, materials
and supplies in simple diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services
to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility
in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and
written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients,
co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including
electronic health records, web based training and
- Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft
Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the
confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well
as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
DUTY HOURS/ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS:
- IHSC operates 24/7/365; this position is required to respond
during an emergency activation.
- This full time position requires availability to work day,
evening and night shifts. Availability during weekends and holidays
is also required.
- On-call availability is not required for this position.
- The Department of Homeland Security's Personnel Security Unit
(PSU) must render a Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to
be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by
PSU upon completion of initial and subsequent background
investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes
and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes,
where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging
detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may
require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs
significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of
aides if necessary (exceptions on a case by case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must perform the duties in a stressful and often austere
environment without physical limitations.
- Must be capable of standing on hard services (cement floors)
for long periods of time.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company
providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and
management consulting services and human capital solutions help our
clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and
enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: STG International Inc, Rochester , Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN #), Healthcare , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!