Professional, Ops Government Specialist
Company: CoreLogic, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Join our team of over 5,000 employees globally, who provide the
insights through data and next generation technology that help
millions of people find, buy and protect the homes they love. From
the beginning, CoreLogic has been driven by a single purpose - to
innovate and create solutions that solve our clients' toughest
challenges in the housing market. CoreLogic is the trusted source
for property intelligence, with deep knowledge of powerful
economic, social, and environmental forces that promote healthy
housing markets and thriving communities.
We apply that same dedication to creating a diverse and inclusive
work culture that inspires innovation and bold thinking. A place
where individuals can work on small teams, feel valued, and
directly impact the real estate industry. We believe our team
members are the best in the business, and we will continue to
recruit, retain, develop and reward our most important asset - our
This role will be limited to the NY/NJ territory as it has some
complexities that are unique to it.
Acts with a high-level of independence to establish and maintain
relationships with local government authority personnel to provide
high-touch customer support to Taxing Authorities in the assigned
geographical area. Serve as primary point of contact regarding all
agency-specific processing requirements. Resolve complex
operational issues between agencies, vendors, and operational
- Leverages business expertise and analytical skills to identify
issues that negatively impact the timely procurement and accurate
processing of data files supporting the Tax Service product
offerings. Recommend strategic solutions to management and agency
personnel to correct identified deficiencies.
- Negotiate with agencies and other data vendors to jointly
develop appropriate solutions, ensuring all customers' reporting
commitments/research service level agreements are met.
- Identify key target agencies with the primary focus on both new
and enhanced data sourcing for core Tax Service products.
- Participate in research and analysis of Taxing Authority's
data/concepts outside of property tax related data/concepts. These
actions are in support of new or potentially new products as part
of additional value-added offerings to our bank and lender
- Manage the flow of agency intelligence and data in a timely and
accurate manner, as well as ensuring all agency information is
accurate and up to date on all applicable internal and external
- Support the monitoring of new or existing legislation as it
pertains to real estate tax reporting. Recommend policy and
procedure changes to ensure compliance with new legislation.
- Support setting up of new and modification of Agency data
- Collaborate with internal partners in staff augmentation on
delivery timing and packaging.
- Uses independent judgement, evaluation, and negotiating skills
to secure extensions and/or eliminate/reduce fees.
- Manage direct payments outside of portals and partners directly
with senior leader to resolve issues.
- Support high-profile Agencies, high volume states
- New York
- Accountable for all NY borough agencies representing the
highest volume state with billions in annual tax transactions.
- Actively participate in bi-weekly agency meetings to
proactively manage expectations and address issues.
- Review and prepare files that require special handling prior to
- Complete NY 953 monthly report; monitor, validate and finalize
- Meet with NYC Department of Finance in-person to review system
changes and cycles and bring back changes to operations to
- Negotiate agreeable payment terms.
- New Jersey
- Required to serve as a board member of the New Jersey Tax
- Complete New Jersey monthly reporting requirements.
- Special Projects: Accountable for a broad scope of projects
related to 3rd party aggregators, 3rd party payment agents,
on-going work type ownership, engagement language, relationship
maintenance, government reimbursement for services, or ownership of
processes or products.
- Risk management, negotiating due date extensions, waiving
P&I, manage conflict between agencies and CoreLogic
- Resolving escalation issues from agencies
- Resolving escalations forwarded from internal CL groups
- Specific processes that need to be completed daily,
- Ability to work with several tax service applications
- Contact non-responsive agencies for data files for Tax
- Review and update appropriate internal/external documentation
based on Legislative requirements
- Annual review of Real Estate Tax Handbook/Tax Deferral/Senior
Citizen Exemption/Homestead Exemption
- Notify and oversight that changes are incorporated across
several internal teams
- Review and approve Payee changes and updates to systems of
- Maintain all agency information in system of records
- Oversee, Assist, Mitigate Payments of agencies across the
- Tax Sale Tracking
- Surveying of agencies for pay options, economic loss dates,
early return dates, file formats for Tax Reporting and
- Mentors others to strengthen the collective capabilities of the
team including industry knowledge and business acumen.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7+ years related work experience
- Mortgage or Escrow work experience
- Regional oversight or Management experience
- Proven ability to coordinate workflow
- CRM and MS Office experience
- Intermediate skill set in Excel
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to interact with differing audiences at all levels
- Experience with multiple data types, CSV, TXT, delimited text
and print files
CoreLogic's Diversity Commitment:
CoreLogic is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and
creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone's
unique contributions, experiences and values. We offer an empowered
work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and
professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits
package. We are better together when we support and recognize our
CoreLogic benefits information can be found here:
http://www.yourcorebenefits.com/. Qualifications, locations and
experience of the individual ultimately selected for the position
may impact the final actual offered compensation, which may vary
from any posted range.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability:
CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people
available, without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other
basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains
a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please apply on our website for consideration.
By providing your telephone number, you agree to receive automated
(SMS) text messages at that number from CoreLogic regarding all
matters related to your application and, if you are hired, your
employment and company business. Message & data rates may apply.
You can opt out at any time by responding STOP or UNSUBSCRIBING and
will automatically be opted out company-wide.
Connect with us on social media! Click on the quicklinks below to
find out more about our company and associates.
Keywords: CoreLogic, Inc., Rochester , Professional, Ops Government Specialist, Government & Protective Services , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!