Sr Manager, Mechanical Engineering (Analysis) - Rochester
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Mechanical Engineering (Analysis) -
RochesterJob Code: SAS20190711-34628Job Location: Rochester, NYJob
Description: Manages experienced professionals, lower level
supervisors, or managers. Leads one or more teams or a cross-site
department. Communicates within and outside of the organization to
influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and
concepts related to Mechanical Analysis Techniques, Tools and
Process. Develops or champions new concepts or technologies.
Manages the implementation of functional strategies and recommends
operational plans that directly impact the short- to mid-term
function or business area results (measured via productivity and
quality KPIs). Requires broad management and cross-functional
leadership knowledge and mastery level knowledge within Mechanical
Analysis (Structural, Dynamics, Thermal, etc.) and broad expertise
within the analytical modeling and simulation domain for aerospace
- Responsibilities include the functional management of the
Mechanical Analysis department for L3Harris' Mechanical Engineering
discipline team in Rochester, NY. -This position is focused on
leading an experienced team of -Analysts (Structural, Thermal,
Dynamic, System performance) in support of aerospace programs and
- The Sr. -Engineering Manager is responsible for leading an
organization of approximately 100 Engineering employees. This
includes supervision, planning, development, and execution of
Analysis tasking on projects, pursuits, and programs. -The Sr.
-Engineering Manager will also provide coaching and leadership
development for the direct staff of Group Leaders as well as for
the entire department.
- Meet functional requirements of staffing, training, talent
development, engagement, retention, and overall management of
-Engineering department / function.
- Provide staffing for programs, pursuits, and internal -efforts
(IR&D, Special Projects, etc.) within the Space and Airborne
-Business Segment and for -all Engineering needs.
- Meet functional organization and business AOP budgets.
- Advance technologies as appropriate to ensure -tools,
processes, and staff are competitive and applicable to Space and
Airborne Systems business.
- Lead metric-based process improvement projects to improve
productivity and quality of work product delivery to programs.
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, -including
review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates
-(BOEs) as needed.
- Lead/Support Technical Tiger Teams for Root Cause -Corrective
Action (RCCA) assessment on programs where
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a
minimum of 12 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree
with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.Preferred
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is preferred.
- Broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-site
project teams or manage across the function. Typically has mastery
within a specific technical area or broad expertise across multiple
related job areas.
- Experience in Engineering leadership capacity (i.e. Group Lead,
IPT Lead, Project Engineer, Cost Account Manager).
- Experience providing staffing for programs, pursuits, and
internal efforts (IR&D, Special Projects, etc.). -
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong subject matter expertise in Mechanical Engineering
design process for Aerospace and Defense. - Analysis tools
expertise: NASTRAN, Femap, Matlab, MathCAD, non-linear analysis
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable
- Ability to coach, mentor and build relationships with -internal
and external organizations.
- Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information -and
ideas, including strong executive communication and presentation
- High expectations for sustained excellence for self and -team
Keywords: L3Harris, Rochester , Sr Manager, Mechanical Engineering (Analysis) - Rochester, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!