Director, HR Business Partner
Company: Harris Corporation
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Job Title Director, HR Business Partner
Job Location Rochester, NY
Job ID CS20190###-####8
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving
customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing
solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports
government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and
has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is
organized into three business segments: Communication Systems,
Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more
at harris.com .
- Deliver Human Resources leadership and support to CS
Engineering, Operations, and functional teams to meet business and
strategic growth objectives.
- Provide direction, counsel/coaching and business analytics that
enables leaders to make sound talent decisions and promote employee
engagement and healthy/positive/productive employee relations.
- Proactively work with the business to implement and
strategically drive talent management programs to improve
leadership capabilities, ensure succession planning, high potential
identification and development objectives are achieved in
achievement of overall business strategy. Bring creativity and
innovative thinking to the process.
- Oversee all Talent Management activity including Staffing (in
partnership with the centralized Center of Excellence), Performance
Management, Employee Relations, Organizational Development,
Employee Development, and Diversity.
- Identify and diagnose issues proactively and develop, recommend
and implement root cause solutions that enhance employee
engagement/experience and business results in a timely manner.
- Participate and/or lead projects and special initiatives within
and outside the HR function as assigned.
- Improve HR processes in support of the business to drive
greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build and maintain effective working relations with management
and employees to provide advice and counsel to both on
employee-related and organizational matters.
- Promotes high professional standards, positive interpersonal
relationships and demonstrates Harris values at all times.
- Manage a team of employees both direct report and matrixed.
- Bachelor s degree with a minimum of 8 years related Human
Resources experience, with increasing scope and responsibility, and
supporting various levels within the organization. Preferred
- Master s degree with a minimum of 8 years related Human
Resources experience preferred.
- Ability to influence, coach and consult with all levels of the
organization in a positive and effective manner
- Demonstrated experience coaching business leaders and
facilitating organizational change.
- Experience supporting geographically dispersed organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Human Resources functions with
a focus on retaining and developing talent.
- Project management experience leading teams to address complex
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to
assure that short timelines are met given frequent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, highly adaptable
and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving
skills, critical thinking and self-initiative - has a track record
on delivering commitments. Please be aware that many of our
positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain
one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In
addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment
may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must
meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and
agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any
other related personal information or documentation you provide,
with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of
considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by
fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS
programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS
Associated topics: associate director, guide, guidance, head, lead,
leader, monitor, president, senior associate, vice president
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Rochester , Director, HR Business Partner, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!