Construction Project Manager
Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking for a Construction Project Manager to join our
Corporate Real Estate, Eastman Business Park division in Rochester,
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the
revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength
of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the
excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable,
profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for
professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next
steps in completing our transformation. We re building a culture
which values creativity in all its forms, having a global
perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that
enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich
heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways,
still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is
truly a place where you can make a difference.
Primary Responsibilities to include:
* Responsible for execution of and/or management of capital and
* Manage the flow of communications between the Kodak team, project
manager, and contractors throughout construction
* Involve Kodak team to manage risk, code compliance and
* Understand and utilizes all business and information systems
within Kodak: SRM, SAP, Genpact, IMS, Kodak Digital Drawing Center,
Site Services call center.
* Work with prospective tenants or Kodak departments to develop and
document space requirements, evaluate site suitability with space
planner, and building manager.
* Reviews documents during design to ensure accuracy and to
minimize or eliminate potential change orders after contracts are
awarded. Engages value engineering and constructability advice.
* Assemble construction specifications and drawing for bid
* Manages contractor bidding, contract and award process working
with purchasing manager.
* Coordinates and conducts regular meetings with Owner,
Architect/Engineer and Construction Management company, if
* Develops, reviews, and updates project schedules, recommends
adjustments as necessary to keep the project on schedule and within
* Provide and manage site access for suppliers and contractors.
* Manage material delivery and logistics
* Manage product submittals, O&M manuals, and as-built
* Coordinate utility shutdowns and tie-ins related to construction
* Evaluate site suitability with marketing, space planner, and
* Identify investment recovery and salvage opportunities
* B.S. Engineering or B.S. Construction Management (2-4 year) or
minimum 10 years equivalent experience in construction
* Extensive experience in managing projects of various sizes and
complexities, knowledge and use of scheduling tools, scope
creation, finance/budgeting, and delivering on-time results
* Ability to work with teams, both in Kodak and outside Kodak, to
delegate as appropriate, ensuring accountability, prioritizing
needs and promoting strong teamwork and collaboration
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability
to craft and deliver presentations and/or work scope documents to
* Strong organization, prioritization, problem solving (predicting
potential problems in advance and recommending solutions) and
negotiation skills (to include contract and supplier
* Thorough technical understanding of all divisions of work for
either new construction or renovation projects
* OSHA 30-hr certificate
* Produce and manage an integrated project schedule
* Develop strategies to mitigate any schedule risks and look for
cycle time reduction opportunities
* Coordinate all on-site construction activities
* Identify and document site specific HSE requirements for
* Initiate asbestos, lead, and hazardous materials testing
* Submit excavation, flame, and special permits
* Create and foster positive HSE awareness throughout the
* Conduct HSE audits and daily toolbox safety meetings
* Identify near misses and report incidents.
* Understands Business Conduct Guidelines
* Develop participation strategy and contracting method
* Issue and manage purchase requisitions for skilled trade and
* Monitors contract performance and make progress payments
* Accepts the completed work and closes out the contracts
* Develop project estimates and establish budgets.
* Submit requests for funding
* Track the project budget, approve payment applications, and
change order requests to keep projects within budget.
* Predict and manage cash flow
* Identifies risk avoidance opportunities by using Risk Management
tools and leads the Team in mitigating those risks.
* Incorporates Change Management as an early warning tool to
eliminate/minimize future deviations and maximize savings
* Participate in development of ACP and capital project plan.
* Develops the construction quality strategy
* Reviews and accepts the contractor Quality Plan
* Monitors Quality Plan compliance
* Accepts and submits as-built drawings.
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color,
religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other
Federal or State legally protected classes.
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester , Construction Project Manager, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!