Vice President of Human Resources - DePaul
Posted on: February 12, 2019
OverviewThe Vice President of Human Resources for DePaul is a key leader on the executive team helping to craft, shape and produce a workforce strategy that is creative and decisive in its goal to support DePaul's delivery environment. The person serves as the advisor and business partner to senior leadership, driving positive impact in the organization, while facilitating and enabling collaborations among cross-functional teams.The person is responsible for the day to day management of all aspects of the HR function including: Employee Relations, Organizational Design and Development, Talent Recruitment, Performance Management, and Compensation and Benefits. This position is responsible for ensuring that the DePaul Group, Inc. and its subsidiary corporations are fully compliant with all employee-related federal, state and local laws.This position leads all Human Resources practices and objectives to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, empowerment, productivity, goal attainment, and ongoing development of a superior workforce.DePaul Group, Inc. seeks energetic thought leaders and caring individuals who thrive on making a difference. We are committed to providing the highest quality care, while valuing integrity, innovation, community connectedness, and exceptional service.DePaul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Duties and ResponsibilitiesExecutive Team
- While reporting to the CEO, partners with Senior Leadership Team members to adopt and integrate key HR strategies and initiatives. Consults on diversity, workforce and business issues that have an impact on the organization.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, participates in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution; contributes to strategic planning, supports corporate initiatives; keeps abreast of critical issues in other departments/business units; understands market and economic factors affecting the organization; participates in corporate policy development; and creates and delivers an outstanding experience for the organization's employees and customers.
- Responsible for all Human Resources functions including the design, development and execution of all HR strategies, policies,
- procedures and programs including: hiring and recruiting; compensation; benefits; employee relations, and talent management.
- Develops a strategic human resources plan which is designed to attract and retain the best talent and contributes to the development of DePaul's positive brand as the "Employer of Choice."
- Translates the human resources strategic and operational plans and goals to ensure that compensation, professional development, recruitment and retention are aligned and supports the organization's strategic initiatives.
- Partners with the departments/business units to optimize performance, productivity, and retention. Assists leaders in decisions regarding personnel actions such as hiring, promoting, and training and development.
- Develops an organizational framework to ensure the ongoing availability of qualified and motivated employees in order to meet current needs and planned future growth. Designs innovative recruiting strategies and practices aimed at identifying and acquiring talent within and outside of the organization. Directs the development of progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance. Oversees the evaluation of key positions in the organization to maintain a competitive market- based sustainable compensation and benefits package.
- Appropriately directs policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization, includingemployee relations, employee safety, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education, and careerdevelopment. Keeps abreast of new laws, regulations, and trends and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment,wage and salary laws and regulations. Ensures compliance for HR regulations related to FMLA/leaves of absences, disability insurance, workers' compensation, DOL, SCA, GSA, DCAA, FAR, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Provides direction and leadership for HR programs and services to foster an environment that promotes a culture of customer service and continuous improvement. Maintain and grow relationships with internal customers to further cultivate a positive and trustworthy reputation for the HR Department.
- Provides advice and assistance to DePaul leaders in interpreting and applying policies and practices: provides guidance to resolve problems; reviews all disciplinary actions and proposed terminations with the appropriate management level and HR team.
- Coordinate with legal counsel in litigated and non-litigated HR matters.
- Advise DePaul leaders as required on policies and regulations to minimize risk of exposure to employee claims based on terminations, discrimination, harassment, payroll issues, workers compensation, etc.
- Improves overall employee satisfaction and engagement by identifying and responding to concerns and opportunities for improvements; handles complex employee relations issues from beginning to end. Provides consistent and fair communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Develops and manages on-boarding programs to enable successful transitions, and to accelerate time to productivity and performance.
- Safeguards employee confidentiality by establishing, maintaining, and enforcing strict adherence to policies and procedures concerning all communications (verbal and written) including the storage of records and documents.
- Develops the annual budget, with the CEO and CFO, for the areas within the scope of responsibility; ensures that operations are managed within authorized budgets; advises, develops, reviews and approves budgets, plans, and business goals.
- Recommends partners and coordinates with outside services providers, human resources consultants, insurance brokers/carriers, retirement plan administrators, consultants, training specialists, and employment counsel.
- Creates and installs systems and controls for consistent operation of open enrollment.
- Functions as plan administrator for the 403b plan and pension plan. Also responsible for compliance w/ plan rules, federal and state statutes, including ERISA.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable organizations, industries, and markets; remaining up to date on trends in human resources.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , Vice President of Human Resources - DePaul, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!