Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Description: Job Title Senior Manager, Software Engineering Job Location Rochester, NY Job Code CS20182###-####4 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at Job Description: The Harris Communication Systems segment is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented engineering manager well versed in the design and government certification of complex systems to join a high technology engineering organization that designs leading edge communications products. This individual will work in a team environment to manage the development of systems that require the design, implementation, and integration of embedded cryptographic software and FPGA solutions for radio and/or other communications products. This Engineering Manager will help develop creative solutions for our customer's problems. Challenges include short development schedules, resource constraints, and evolving security requirements.As a technical and team leader of the staff, the successful candidate will demonstrate initiative in the efficient development of complex systems throughout the product lifecycle. Additionally this person will be comfortable working in geographically distributed development teams. The successful candidate will be expected to possess a thorough understanding of technical challenges including both the development methods as well as enforcing organizational behaviors to ensure quality. Experience with embedded C/C++ software development expected. Experience with large ARM processor-based software/FPGA design/development/test is desired. Experience with government certification of engineering designs is also desired.The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Management of the implementation of communications systems.
- Management of the entire product implementation cycle including system/software requirements analysis, high level and detailed design, implementation, testing, integration, documentation, and government certification of embedded software and/or FPGA designs.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of best practices for design processes, software/FPGA design, code development processes, release processes for simultaneous release of multiple devices.
- Functional and project management of a small development group for the development of high assurance communications products in the tactical military radio and networking application domains.
- Manage staffing allocations against defined engineering resource demands.
- Project and program planning, including cost, schedule, and resource estimates.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to convey technical and business matters in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to manage and make trade-offs between product recurring cost, budget, schedule and technical solution.
- Organization development to ensure engineering skill sets and resource capacity to meet organization demands.
- Work with product design, test, manufacturing, logistics engineering teams, product and program management and other groups, and external customers as needed to define and execute radio product development projects and deliver high-quality radio products.
- Ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into total systems solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints of the program.Qualifications:
- BS degree in engineering discipline with a minimum 12 years of relevant experience developing and/or managing software and/or FPGA-based engineering solutions (or 10 years of experience with MS degree).
- This position requires the candidate to already possess an active DOD Secret clearance (or a DOD Secret clearance inactive less than 2 years which can be immediately reactivated), and to maintain the clearance.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with all phases of the software and/or FPGA project development life cycle, including software and/or FPGA analysis, design, development, testing (including software unit testing and FPGA verification), and automation tools.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
- Successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal and team s task assignments.
- Demonstrated ability and experience leading small product development engineering teams and mentoring other engineers.Mentoring and directing the activities of small groups of engineers.
- Managing activities in disparate geographic locations.
- Experience/knowledge of Capability Maturity Model (CMM)/Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) systems and software development processes or other defined SW development process.
- Experience contributing to the development of software and/or FPGA architectures.
- Experience with UML and OOA/OOD software development methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Cryptographic experience.
- Radio communications or networking experience.Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your r sum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r sum , as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. #PIQCandidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement. #LI-CS
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: Harris, Rochester , Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!