Assistant General Manager
Company: Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Are you a passionate leader looking for an amazing opportunity
to lead an award-winning hotel? *Widewaters Hotels* is looking for
a fun and enthusiastic *Assistant General Manager* to join our
amazing team at the *Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford*! We
have a fantastic benefits package with very generous PTO policy and
no waiting period to use. We offer H*ealth, Dental, Vision
insurance starting after only 60 days and a 401K program with a
great employer match*. Immediately, upon starting you'll be
eligible to participate in our *Associate Referral Bonus Program*,
which puts extra money in your pocket to help us recruit! You'll
also be joining a team of dedicated individuals that truly care
about creating memorable moments for our guests.
The Assistant General Manager provides assistance to the General
Manager in the overall responsibility for the successful operation
of the hotel and for meeting or exceeding its financial objectives.
This employee is responsible for the planning, direction, and
management of accurate, timely, and objective financial data from
which informed management decisions can be made. This employee will
oversee the Rooms Division, Engineering, Security and Food and
Beverage departments if applicable with the managers of each
department as direct reports. This employee is responsible for
exceeding operational standards, service, and product quality
assurance, budget creation, maintaining expenses and cost controls.
In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant General
Manager will oversee the entire hotel operation, and is the primary
contact for guest relations issues. The Assistant General Manager
is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters
What you will be doing
* Plan, Organize, Staff, Direct, and Control the Hotel and Operate
the hotel in the absence of the General Manager following internal
and corporate policies and procedures.
* Develop maximum department profits through cost and labor
control; maintain the highest standard of services to the guests,
including the maintenance and cleanliness for the guest's rooms and
associated facilities; maintain the highest standards of security
for hotel patrons and employees and maintain the highest standards
of quality and service in the Food & Beverage Department.
* Direct and Coordinate the Rooms and Food & Beverage Department.
Carry out all policies and prepare reports as needed by the General
Manager. Responsible for conducting management performance
evaluations and ensure the appropriate training is provided to
maximize service, production, and efficiency.
* Participate in and administer training and standards
* Work with the General Manager to conduct Mock Quality Assurance
Inspections and address concerns
* Conduct regular department meetings with the Food & Beverage and
Front Office & Engineering Department heads to ensure each
department is meeting the daily needs of the hotel and the highest
levels of service and quality are being provided.
* Ensure that a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction is
achieved and maintained, and internal and external customer service
needs are met through avenues such as training, survey analysis,
feedback and positive reinforcement programs.
* Provide mentoring and guidance to reporting staff and appraises
the performance of all positions directly reporting.
* Manage/Monitor Reservations Systems to maintain consistency with
property level inventory strategies and review reports generated by
Night Audit on a regular basis.
* Must be able to participate in the hotel's MOD program
* Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the
Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook.
* Assists others as needed and special projects, as necessary.
* Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and
* Perform any assigned task not outlined above that the associate
has the ability to perform.
* If you are employed by a branded hotel property, please refer to
branded job description for additional duties and information.
* Support COMPANY PILLARS by following and executing: Revenue
Improvement, Cost Management/Profitability, Exceeding Guests
Expectations, Associate Engagement, and Outstanding Physical
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in different management posts in
the hospitality industry with a focus on Rooms and Food &
* Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry,
have a strong financial background, sound administrative skills,
well developed management skills, and have demonstrated ability to
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,480.00 - $60,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford, Rochester , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Pittsford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!