SRO Dietary Director 1
Location: East Rochester
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Category Mental Health - Residential
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! Parkside, a DePaul Community Residence-Single
Room Occupancy (CR-SRO) Program, is now hiring a full-time Dietary
Director! The SRO Dietary Director 1 manages the Dietary Department
in accordance with all health and safety regulations and DePaul
policies and procedures. Assures that all meals are nutritious,
appetizing, and reflect resident choice.
This full-time position is Monday-Friday and is elgible for the
following benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
Insurance, Life Insurance, Generous PTO & Paid Holidays, 403B,
Employee Discount Programs, and Staff Recognition Programs.
- Oversees the department budget, implementing adequate controls
to assure cost-effectiveness of operation within budget. This
includes overseeing an annual operating budget taking into account
the purchasing of food, supplies, small equipment and staffing
needs / requirements.
- Supervises all Dietary personnel functions including
recruitment, hiring, documented supervision, evaluation,
disciplines, and scheduling in accordance with DePaul policies and
- Develops sanitation and safety practices within the Dietary
Department and implementing regular cleaning schedules.
- Responsible for the proper record keeping of inventories,
storage and utilization of all foods.
- Responsible for orientation of all new dietary staff. Also
ensures that staff attend all mandatory trainings and staff
meetings as required
- Develops the weekly menu incorporating resident input and
recognizing individual preferences.
- Oversees the preparation of all meals including dining room
- Accommodates resident's dietary needs whenever
- Responsible for preparing healthy, nutritious meals minimizing
the use of processed foods.
- Responsible for approving time off requests. Maintain ongoing
communication with Program Director to ensure proper use of
- Responsible for utilizing government foods / food bank in an
effort to help defray costs when possible.
- Attend all required staff and resident meetings.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents (as
per respect policy), staff, family members, guests, and service
- Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents,
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation
of the program.
Education & Experience :
Associate's degree in food service management and at least three
(3) years previous experience in the food service industry, two (2)
of which should be in a supervisory capacity or High School diploma
or GED plus five (5) years of experience in the food service
industry, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity .
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a
clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel
Parkside, a DePaul Community Residence-Single Room Occupancy
(CR-SRO) Program, provides housing in a service-enriched,
recovery-oriented setting to adults with a psychiatric disability.
The program is licensed by the New York State Office of Mental
Health and has a residential atmosphere with individual bedrooms,
inviting common areas and outdoor courtyards. Other services
include 24-hour staffing, daily living skills training, crisis
management, medication management; linkages to medical and dental
care and health education services; social/recreational assistance,
and vocational/educational services among others.
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , SRO Dietary Director 1, Executive , East Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!