Assistant Residence Manager
Company: CDS Life Transitions
Location: West Henrietta
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Schedule: Saturday- Wednesday: 1:00pm-9:00pmLocation: Henrietta,
New York Summary: Provide direct care services to the individuals
who reside at the house. Assist Residence Manager with day to day
operations of the program. Essential Job Functions:
- Carry out direct care duties as assigned. This includes, but is
not limited to:
- Encouraging independence in all areas of the residents lives;
treating them with dignity and respect.
- Housekeeping, meal preparation, recreational activities, and
meeting dietary needs.
- Adhering to the residents Individual Program Plans (IPPs).
- Ensure supervision of all assigned Direct Support
Professionals. This includes, but is not limited to,
instructing/modeling/observing staff to assure assigned tasks are
done and regulations/policies are adhered to as well as maintaining
up-to-date assignment sheets.
- Provide shift coordination; ensure that active programming is
completed and documented and all resident and facility needs are
- Assist with meal-time process including preparations, diets,
menus and sanitation according to policy.
- Ensure the use of communication systems ensuring information is
disseminated to appropriate persons/programs as needed. Keep the
Manager and/or designee informed of events that occur, including
incidents and serious reportable events.
- Ensures all paperwork and documentation is complete.
- Attend meetings as required and provide in-service training to
staff regarding goal implementation, documentation, and other
related areas. Ensure assigned direct care staff completes all
- Participates in the on call system for the house.
- Ensure home is maintained in a clean, safe, and well-organized
manner (according to monthly home inspection checklists); monitor
supplies/equipment/physical plant, and inform manager of
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures, NYCRR 624, 633,
635, and other relevant regulations.
- Performs any other related duties as directed by the
supervisor. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Must be able to provide coverage of shifts as the need arises.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in the human service field, with at least one
year experience with individuals with I/DD preferred. Physical
- Must be able to stand, walk, and stoop frequently.
- Must be able to push/pull repeatedly
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. dead weight. Corporate
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must meet applicable Vehicle Operator Requirements. (NYS
Drivers License Required)
- Adhere to all CDS Life Transitions, Inc. policies and
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and
Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory education and training modules as scheduled;
obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Maintain all required certifications/training by State
regulations and CDS policy
- Act as a professional representative of CDS Life Transitions,
Inc. in regards to appearance, behavior, temperament,
communication, language, and dress. CDS Life Transitions is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every
person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard
to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability,
citizenship, military or veteran status, gender expression and/or
identity, or any other status or characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: CDS Life Transitions, Rochester , Assistant Residence Manager, Executive , West Henrietta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!