Company: Alera Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Relph Benefit Advisors, an Alera Group Company is seeking an
Account Manger to join their team!Are you looking to be part of a
company where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and
make a positive impact? Join a team where each employee is
empowered to listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and
build each other up through mutual accountability and shared
success?If that's what you're looking for, this is your chance to
be part of an amazing organization!The Account Manager Level 3 is
responsible for cultivating and maintaining a strategic
relationship with all types of clients, including but not limited
to highly complex, self-funded, collective or captive clients. This
position will work with an Executive Consultant as needed with
overall strategy and financial responsibility for their client's
health & welfare plan. The Account Manager Level 3 is responsible
for client retention and growth.Responsibilities The essential
duties and responsibilities of the position, which are to be
performed with or without reasonable accommodation, include:
- Manage a book of business comprised of local, regional or
state-wide clients that may include various funding methods or
complex plan designs or services.
- Work with Executive Consultant as needed on client plan design,
strategy and funding mechanisms.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining a relationship with
key contacts at clients. Execute overall client strategy and ensure
high level of client satisfaction and exceptional service
- Responsible for overall pricing and service agreements on
additional PEPM services offered by Relph.
- Conduct at least 4 on site meetings per year with client.
Meetings topics include post enrollment, strategy, renewal,
- Manage overall expectations of client; educate on Relph
products, processes and services, communicate due dates, timelines,
- Identify complex issues (conflicting data, client objections,
industry trends, carrier issues, etc.) and work to offer solutions
to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Educate and advise clients on all compliance areas including
but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA, 5500's, PFL.
- Market medical lines and work with group marketing for
- Assist Executive Consultant with annual renewal strategy and
outcomes. Present or participate in renewal strategy meeting with
- Conduct open enrollment meetings with employees.
- Assist Executive Consultant with overall client retention and
for meeting organic growth goals. Sell additional products and
services to existing customers.
- Maintain excellent relationship with carriers and vendors.Based
on the essential and other duties and responsibilities of the
position, the Account Manager should have a number of professional
skills and abilities:
- Carry out any other duties/responsibilities/projects as
determined by company leaders.
- Maintain records management, filing, retention and/or labeling
within regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all operational policies/processes to ensure client
satisfaction and delivery of quality product and services.
- Monitor internal performance to ensure client's needs are
- Communicate with Operations to confirm service delivery
requirements and manage client expectations.
- Develop, modify, and finalize professional sales presentations,
written communications, and other documents.
- Follow all Company and regulatory requirements regarding the
labeling, filing, management, and retention of hard-copy and
- Maintain the highest level of security and confidentiality
regarding corporate and client-related information.
- Strict adherence to Company and regulatory privacy standards,
with a focus on the Health Insurance Portability and Accessibility
- Provide support for special projects and perform additional
duties and responsibilities as assigned and necessary to
accommodate business needs and support Company goals and
objectives.Qualifications Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times,
especially through critical and challenging discussions.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, demonstrated
ability to organize and manage multiple streams of work at a
detailed level effectively.
- Ability to persuade, negotiate and work strategically through
challenging meetings, discussions and situations to arrive at
- A sound understanding of current health insurance regulations
and must keep informed and seek out additional opportunities to
continuously improve knowledge.
- Familiarity with health and welfare benefits plan
- Ability to work independently and see initiatives or issues
through to completion.
- Must be comfortable dealing with all kinds of people and have a
desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Experience creating and managing multiple timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability
to successfully interact at all company levels.
- Excellent listening, observation, team and interpersonal
skills: Ability to build and maintain positive partnerships and
relationships throughout the organization.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in employee benefits
industry.QualificationsA qualified candidate must have:
- Education Required: High School Diploma, GE Associate or
Bachelors degree, preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 4-6 years experience required, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.Technical
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- SharePoint, WebEx.License Requirements
- NYS Life, Accident & Health.
- Valid Driver License.Physical and Environmental
- Lifting (5 lbs to 10 lbs).
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Standing and presenting for several hours.
- Repetitive motion (data entry/typing).Equal Opportunity
Employment We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.If you're a California
resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy Act prior to
Keywords: Alera Group, Rochester , Account Manager, Executive , Penfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!