Director, Corporate Development & Engagement
Company: University of Rochester
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Director, Corporate Development & Engagement When you are ready
to apply, registering only takes a minute. Your online account
allows you to upload yourresume or CV, apply for jobs and access
our online career tools. Forgeneral questions about the online
application process, please call Ask-URHR at(585) 275-8747 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm).
Requests for accommodations should be directed to (585) 275-4995.
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Career Center Schedule 8 AM-5 PM
Responsibilities GENERAL PURPOSE: Provides strategic leadership and
vision for UR's corporate strategy and engagement, employer
development, recruitment programs, and alumni engagement. Create,
organize, and facilitate data-driven, outcomes-first hiring
initiatives. Priorities include employer outreach strategy,
employer segmentation and development, mechanisms for employer and
alumni involvement, and employer consultation. Oversees
coordination of program and initiative evaluation, outcomes,
statistics and data for reporting and tracking. Stewards
relationships with employers and alumni. Serves as part of
forecasting management team. RESPONSIBILITIES: EMPLOYER + ALUMNI
- Sets the strategic vision for the employer, alumni and industry
engagement and lead all staff in developing and implementing shared
strategic priorities; monitor and report progress toward strategic
goals and objectives.
- Leads the comprehensive department corporate engagement
strategy and coordination at the University. Coordinates efforts
with campus offices to ensure efficient relationship management and
development with employers and community members.
- Leads strategy for in-person and virtual recruitment programs
necessary to expand internship and employment opportunities for
students ensuring a mutually beneficial experience.
- Consults and effectively collaborates regularly with staff to
share industry and employer insights to create/implement services
and programs that anticipate or respond to trends in the
preparation, recruiting and hiring of students.
- Conducts gap analysis of employer and alumni engagement and
recruiting efforts; implement initiatives to address any potential
- Evaluates regularly employer and student recruiting policies
and student privacy policies in accordance with professional
association standards (NACE) as necessary; communicate to students
and employers as appropriate. RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT + MANAGEMENT
- Develops and maintains employer relationships; Coordinates and
implements outreach to active employers.
- Stewards existing employers and alumni relationships in
alignment with employer development plan.
- Participates (and create where necessary) in various local,
state, regional and national organizations to increase internship
and employment opportunities for students (Chambers of Commerce,
state consortiums, etc.)
- Assists employers in building their brands on campus in
collaboration with communications manager.
- Communicates employer feedback about student readiness and
industry recruiting trends to team.
- Tracking employer relations activity in Salesforce and leading
processes for tracking corporate engagement for the office and
partners. LEADERSHIP & SUPERVISION
- Assists in the management of office operations and in
representing career education to stakeholders.
- Provides support and assistance in setting performance goals,
reaching goals, and engaging in self-appraisal. Conduct annual
appraisals of staff.
- Encourages staff development and growth. Showcase and encourage
successful staff effort at the campus, local, regional, and
- Helps determine allocation of department operating budget
targeting employer development and relationship management. PROJECT
- Provides leadership for, coordination of, or assistance with
various special programs and projects in line with strategic
- Serves on various cross-functional work groups and campus
- Represents UR and the department in local and national
professional associations and conferences.
- Manages data coordination with University systems and databases
as needed to ensure consistent data sharing. OTHER DUTIES AS
- Ensures all university rules, policies, regulations, and
internal customer service expectations are followed.
- Master's degree; open to varied programs and areas
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in related area as determined
by Greene Center leadership preferred. Required:
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
staff member at UR.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in the office
environment and to interface with employers, students, alumni,
faculty, and university administrators.
- Ability to embrace and drive change and to organize and
effectively manage multiple priorities, programs, and
- Exceptional communication (written, oral, presentation).
Demonstrated proficiency designing and delivering
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and developing positive
relationships, partnerships, and alliances.
- Strategic planning and implementation; goal-setting
- Supervision and leadership skills experience. Preferred:
- Ideal candidate is comfortable wearing multiple hats, jumping
from task to task, and juggling a variety of responsibilities.
- Corporate or industry engagement experience.
- Awareness of trends within higher education, career services,
employment marketplace and economy.
- Outcomes assessment and evaluation strategies experience.
- Ability to analyze and utilize data for decision-making. How To
Apply All applicants must apply online. EOE
Keywords: University of Rochester, Rochester , Director, Corporate Development & Engagement, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!