Manager, Civil, Structural and Architectural
Company: Corning Incorporated
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Manager, Civil, Structural and Architectural
- Please wait...Date: Oct 21, 2021Location: Corning, NY, US,
14831Company: CorningRequisition Number: 49945Corning succeeds
through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of
materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a
distinctive reciprocal culture. Corning's Manufacturing, Technology
and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in
engineering perfection & innovative manufacturing technologies by
providing diverse skills to Cornings existing & emerging
businesses. We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge
manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner
with Cornings businesses and the Science & Technology division.
Together we build and sustain Cornings manufacturing as a
differential advantage.Corning Incorporated focuses on building a
diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and
employees feel safe bringing their whole selves to work. Our
Diversity Network hosts 18 active and distinctive Employee Resource
Groups. Employees have access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an
internal video channel, digital learning series and trainings, all
focused on building and celebrating global diversity and inclusion.
Corning has been recognized as a leader in this regard and has been
consistently recognized as a national employer of choice.Day to Day
- Direct supervision and professional development of the Civil
- Ensure that corporate and department standards and procedures
are being utilized and followed by personnel within this
- Regularly interface with engineering, facility, program and
project leaders across the corporation to fill requests and assure
customer satisfaction. This includes sourcing project resources as
- Work with the businesses to provide facility construction
expertise and guidance on green and brown field projects. This
includes establishing requirements and providing cost and schedule
estimates as well as assigning resources.
- Interfaces with the Global Environmental and Sustainability
group as well as the Global Energy Management group in the pursuit
and accomplishment of the groups assignments as required.
- Ensure engineering standards and best practices are being
deployed and maintained. This includes the identification of
improvements and advancements as they pertain to facility
construction and on-going operations.
- Ownership of the corporate facility standards as well as
internal facility procedures, check lists and other related
materials. This includes the lean cost facility tool.
- Occasionally, provide project or facilities leadership for
projects that are early in their life cycle (i.e. the initiation
phase/stage gate 1 to 2) to set them up and transfer to permanent
resources. As appropriate or necessary, serve in this capacity for
the duration of the project.Travel Requirements:
- Estimate travel at 10% - 25% depending upon specific project
assignment. Domestic and International.Required Education and Years
- We require a BS degree in Engineering, preferably Civil
- 10 years of experience in facility construction
- Strong Leadership
- Ability to adapt and effectively lead a team through to
- Team coalescence, motivating, guiding, directing and
- Ability to prioritize multiple requirements.
- Runs effective team meetings agenda, action items, controls
- Effective interaction with internal and external customers. o
- Problem solving and decision making. Effective and timely uses
data, listens to others, establishes the criteria and then
drives/leads the organization to resolution.
- Strong technical aptitude, particularly in the field of
facility construction and civil engineering.
- Critical thinking. Ability to digest complex, technical,
procedural and organizational information and distill it into an
easy to understand message and when necessary, an actionable
- Strong communication. Effective at communicating well at all
levels across the organization.
- Project Management Skills conviction, understanding and
- Scope development and acceptance criteria
- Establish and manage a budget.
- Spending control
- Change control
- Planning, organizing and executing the plan
- Schedule managementDesired Skills:
- Professional Engineering License.
- Technical aptitude in the field of facilities equipment (i.e.
HVAC, Clean Rooms, Compress air, bulk gasses, water and air
- Knowledge in facility power distribution and control
- Experience in multi-national project leadership.
- Procurement Process to include request for quotation process,
to include bidder qualification, selection process and basic
knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of PDRI, Stage Gate and Last PlannerSound like you?
Apply now!This position does not support immigration sponsorship.We
will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.We prohibit discrimination based on
race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran
status or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market:
Keywords: Corning Incorporated, Rochester , Manager, Civil, Structural and Architectural, Executive , Corning, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!