Manager, Systems Engineer
Company: Bandwidth Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Who We Are
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like
Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of
the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice,
messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services- all backed by
Bandwidth's own nationwide, all-IP voice network-allow us to power
the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We
celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a passionate and talented Systems Engineering
Manager who is capable of providing hands-on technical leadership
to our to join our growing team and help take our applications to
the next level. You will be given a high level of responsibility
with the freedom and the potential to make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
- Lead your team through regular and timely coaching, one on
ones, career development and support.
- Build on a culture of continuous learning and improvement by
having regular retrospectives and post mortems, encourage training
and grow your own skills.
- Uphold technical excellence by advocating agile principles,
setting engineering best practices, challenging the status quo and
routinely asking "Why?"
- Empower your team for success whether it is in building the
team with new talent, inspiring excellence in your team or giving
them the freedom to fail gloriously.
- Operate, maintain, and design Bandwidth's mission-critical
infrastructure and ancillary components.
- Work closely with development and network engineering teams to
fulfill infrastructure operational needs.
- Enhance existing automation, and build new automation where
What You Need
- 5+ years of experience in the Systems Engineering field (or
- You're passionate about helping people continuously
- You have over-the-top communication and collaboration skills
that enable you to build positive relationships, influencing peers
and leaders alike
- You've led teams in an agile environment
- You understand technical excellence and what it takes to
- Operational experience with virtualization technologies -
RHEV/oVirt, KVM, VMware.
- Operational experience with enterprise storage technologies
such as NetApp ONTAP.
- Operational experience with load balancing technologies such as
- Operational experience with server platforms such as Cisco
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly
available and fault tolerant systems.
- Experience in operating a 24x7x365 customer focused
- Experience in system performance analysis on linux systems.
- Experience with public clouds (ex: AWS) and hands on knowledge
of building and automating cloud-based environments.
The Whole Person Promise
We make a "Whole Person" promise to our team. You can have both
meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on
accomplishing our mission as "whole people." That means we take
care of our people-in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical,
Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. EAP and 401K
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership
with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym,
locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues.
Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer
opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Keywords: Bandwidth Inc., Rochester , Manager, Systems Engineer, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!