Director - Engineering
Company: Frontier Communications Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Director Engineering in the Commercial Service Delivery
Organization is ultimately responsible for the Successful
Implementation of Ethernet from order creation until service level
adherence testing. The individual will identify process gaps,
architect solutions and report on key performance indicators in
order to drive efficiencies in the delivery of our Ethernet and
advanced Managed services. This roll will lead the internal project
management of Commercial Ethernet orders, Managed Services
including SDWAN & Firewall. Additionally, they will analyze
completed orders for due date attainment, ongoing refinement of
execution strategies, identify opportunities for automation, and
drive down costs in the business. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Leads discussions on projects, status, problem resolution and
identifies and assigns actions for follow up and/or leadership
- Experience in process definition and governance models.
- Experience with development of project plans for effective
communication of assigned actions including due dates and project
dependencies for the project and leadership team awareness.
- Monitor KPIs with special focus on installation intervals,
service delivery and customer service.
- Identify process gaps, and drive organizational change to
increase automation, and decrease intervals.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across
multiple business units within the organization including Network
Engineering, Commercial Sales, Network and Field Operations,
- Escalates and engages appropriate leadership/key project
stakeholders to resolve issues as needed.
- Assists the Managed Commercial team in standardizing policies
and procedures and introducing "best practices" across
- Identify and promote cost savings across projects to align with
- Facilitates the collaboration of team goals and objectives
which align with those of the corporation and responsible for
communicating that as needed
- Conducts performance reviews and provides training and coaching
for growth and advancement.
- Provides day to day management to and coaching of team
supervisors and project managers who oversee the implementation of
large project initiatives.
- Manages the development, measurement, motivation and
cooperation of employees on their team.
- Ensures all employees participate in and complete all required
- Experience developing content for leadership and communicating
project risks and dependencies.
- Experience driving operational and financial management and
reporting, ability to design and solve for metrics across quality,
productivity, user experience, innovation and cost.
- Experience using MS Office tools.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving
- Ability to guide and coach large, diverse virtual teams to
remain focused on value delivery and execute using agile and
waterfall project management methodologies.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills; ability to
communicate across all levels of management. REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree and five to seven years' experience in
telecommunications or similar industry.
- Experience as a Manager/Team Leader with specific business
knowledge within the Telecommunications Industry is desirable
- A thorough understanding of project management principles,
sufficient to manage large IT projects
- Experience with Agile Methodologies DESIRED WORK TRAITS &
SKILLS Seasoned manager with direct management experience,
proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS project, MS PowerPoint, and
Visio. Customer driven and a team player, with strong interpersonal
and customer interface skills. Excellent organizational and
analytical skills, is process and detailed oriented as well as be a
self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals/results. The
Director must have the ability to communicate effectively, both
oral and written, amongst various levels of the organization.
Ability to work and prioritize in a fast-paced changing environment
while coordinating multiple projects simultaneously is necessary.
Ability and desire to dig into the details to identify root causes
and solve complex problems. Frontier Communications is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability. You have been
redirected to a Frontier Communications job page
Keywords: Frontier Communications Corporation, Rochester , Director - Engineering, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!