Director of Manufacturing and Materials
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Summary:Plan, organize, direct, and lead the activities for
Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations, inbound and outbound for
the Newark Facility. This position is responsible for
manufacturing, sales and operations planning, materials management
/ inventory and all related support functions. This position drives
improved efficiency in the use of personnel, production processes,
materials and is accountable for delivering Operating and Strategic
Plan commitments, improvements in customer satisfaction and supply
chain visibility. Essential Functions*:
- Experience as the top leader of the organization in a
combination of manufacturing, strategic procurement, demand
planning, forecasting and logistics. This role has full
responsibility for the procurement, planning, manufacturing, and
- Lead strategy development, management and continuous
improvement initiatives for Manufacturing, Demand Planning, Supply
Planning and Production Planning, Inventory Optimization, Logistics
Management and Cost, Materials Management including related
- Manage Manufacturing and Supply Teams, plan the material
requirements for production and achieve the least cost to the
B&EP business segment.
- Establish through direction and coordination of team members,
the most efficient flow and utilization of materials, manpower and
plant equipment to meet established production schedules at
acceptable quality and at minimum cost.
- Develops budget, based on manufacturing objectives, policies,
plans and programs in conjunction with the President, Battery &
- Partners cross functionally to develop end to end initiatives
that optimize the performance of the entire Supply chain.
- Create and embed a culture within Supply Chain to drive
consistently superior Performance based on Operational Excellence,
open communication, team development and collaboration.
- Accountable for capital planning to support growth and
- Develop good employee relations and high morale through the
consistent and conscientious application of company policy. Make
recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and
procedures. Identify training needs and initiate development of
subordinates. Recommend effective personnel action.
- Keep employees informed about the corporate strategy and
manufacturing's plans and progress.
- Maintain effective lines of communication to all other
departments to ensure that all objectives of the company's
operations are met.
- Other duties as assigned.Education / Training / Skills /
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. A technical
degree is preferred and a technical degree with an MBA is
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in a manufacturing
environment and a minimum of 10 years of Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrated ability as a team builder, proven capability to
coach develop and lead while creating a culture of high
- Experience driving a culture of operational excellence and
embedding practices; such as Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen and TPM.
- Working knowledge of SPC, TQM, JIT, Management of Constraints,
MRPII/ERP, and applicable EHS regulations.
- Good oral and written communication is required.
- High level of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Travel: up to 25%Physical Requirements:The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand and walk.
*Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the
job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description
is intended to convey information essential to understanding the
scope of the position described above and it is not intended to be
an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the position.Ultralife
Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms
the right of every person to participate in all aspects of
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, sex,
age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other
protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for
employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply
for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via
phone at 315- 332-7100.
Keywords: Ultralife, Rochester , Director of Manufacturing and Materials, Executive , Newark, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!