Engineering Project Manager
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Engineering is currently looking to hire a Engineering
Project Manager--to work for one of our top Pharma/Medical Device
clients on-site in in the Rochester, NY area for a contract
position.--Position Summary: The Surgical Equipment External
Manufacturing Maintenance of Business MOB Project Manager is
responsible for managing MOB business critical projects aligned
with the Externally Manufactured Surgical Equipment products. The
MOB projects ensure continuity of supply, provide enhanced product
quality and support manufacturing cost improvement. This position
will receive primary technical direction from the Surgical
Equipment Portfolio Lead in Rochester, NY.Specific Job Duties:
- Work with the Surgical Equipment External Manufacturing Team
and US Engineering leadership to identify and a prioritize
Maintenance of Business projects in support of Externally
Manufactured Surgical Equipment products based on the following
- Priority 1: Non-Conformance NC , CAPA, Compliance, Product
Recall, Customer Complaints, Critical Manufacturing Issues
- Priority 2: Manufacturing Supply Chain Continuity e.g. obsolete
- Priority 3: Risk Mitigation e.g. alternative sourcing of
- Priority 4: Manufacturing Efficiency and Process Improvement,
Cost Reduction CIP.
- Lead individual MOB projects within the EM portfolio.
- Develop project resource plans, budgets, schedules and support
annual operating plan budgetary activities and resource management
associated with project execution.
- Monitor and report on the overall projects cost performance
against plan and manage MOB projects within budget.
- Ensure project plans and timelines are in place for all planned
activities including a detailed project charter/scope, risk
assessment, and milestone schedule.
- Manage process to accommodate new MOB requests and make
appropriate trade-offs e.g. schedule delays with currently active
projects as needed.
- Chair regular management reviews and updates of progress
against annual project goals and deliverables and communicate
changes to project priorities and timelines.
- Develop close working relationship with site leads and R&D
resources to ensure alignment and balance of MOB project resource
needs with other site and R&D projects.
- Ensure project documentation is completed and approved per
procedures. Where necessary generated required report writing and
documentation for DHF.
- Responsible for initiating and managing Quality Change Requests
QCRs to completion.Requirements:Education:Bachelor degree in
Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science,
Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline. PMP certification and
Master's Degree a plus, but not required.Work Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in medical device manufacturing
- Ability to be successful within a matrix-reporting
- Technical and managerial experience within a FDA regulated
- Demonstrated experience with lean techniques and principles
- Demonstrated use of 6-Sigma skills and DOE skills highly
- An ability to analyze and manage technical issues across
multiple technical disciplines.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and documentation
- Proven track record of delivering to objectives.
- Significant change management experience.
- Technical transfer experience and an understanding of
- Strong teamwork and negotiation skills and the ability to
influence without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence at all
levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, writing and computing skills. Familiar with
MS Office, MS Project, CAD and statistical evaluation software.Why
Kelly--?Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find
the right fit? Easy. With Kelly Engineering, our experts connect
you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow,
collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with
top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of
short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term,
we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering
job.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next
and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full
potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Rochester , Engineering Project Manager, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!