Vice President - Product Management - Platform
Company: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Vice President - Product Management - Platform Position
This role reports into the Chief Operating Officer of Mayo Clinic
Platform and partners with the President and Medical Director of
Mayo Clinic Platform. As part of Mayo Clinic Platform you will have
the opportunity to change healthcare for the better, while creating
value streams to ensure we can continue to fulfill our mission. The
VP for Product Management, Platform defines the Product strategy,
Technology Roadmap, Innovation strategy, Customer strategy, Systems
Architecture approach, and Platform reuse approach. This individual
will be an overall thought leader to help define what's next for
the underlying platform capabilities line. This individual will
support all necessary platform capabilities for the product
portfolio. This role will also serve as the Product Manager for the
Remote Diagnostics and Management Product.
- Focus on defining a Product Portfolio for the Remote
Diagnostics and Monitoring Platform that enables the business line
to exceed its 2025/2030 business targets.
- Define a Hardware, Software and Services solutions roadmap
within the portfolio. Solutions will be focused on creating a
Platform Foundation that spans across all future Product lines -
across different segments and regions.
- Manage and maintain a roadmap of platform capabilities that
enables Mayo Clinic to lead in the market. Focus the company on
future growth areas that drive business value and deliver a strong
ROI of platform investments.
- Partner with Mayo Clinic IT, Mayo Clinic Cloud and Center of
Digital Health to continue to leverage the growing capabilities
- Conduct market intelligence and assess market competition by
comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Develop and maintain an ecosystem of partners contributing back
to the Business Line
- Define Make vs Partner vs Buy options in upcoming technology
areas that may be of interest as part of its growth strategies
- Work with the strategy team and support them in identifying
companies and support on due diligence
- Ensure there is a close alignment between the Platform roadmap,
technology enablers and the product line needs of now and
- Launch and participate in business case review and approvals to
ensure maximum reuse of Platform technologies
- Work closely with Finance and Engineering groups, whether they
be internal or external to Mayo Clinic, to define and control the
overall budget on platform and product investments.
- Monitor overall investments on platform technologies and
demonstrate clear ROIs.
- Help optimize Product by closely aligning the Platform and
- Work closely with marketing and other teams to help craft an
effective marketing plan for the platforms and support showcasing
Platform solutions at appropriate venues
- Directly responsible for Platform Definition, and Product
- Some of these teams may be external to Mayo Clinic, however a
sense of ownership from the Product Leader is required to ensure
targets are met.
- Support for lifecycle across Requirements and Design
- Contribute current knowledge and future vision of how
technology and systems will enable business strategy, growth, and
- Assess and prioritize all emerging technologies and innovations
that Mayo Clinic should consider investing in so that it can remain
ahead of its competitors and its clients. Develop a cohesive plan
for technology development and deployment that incorporates the
specific needs of each of the individual businesses.
- Understand all aspects of the product lifecycle, ensuring the
program milestones happen on time, technologies launch successfully
and software evolution strategies are in place to maximize
- Partner with Mayo Clinic IT groups to create unified,
operational and scalable platform capabilities Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a relevant field. Twelve
years of Product development experience, including managing
customer projects, platforms, and end-to-end delivery
Additional Requirements and Considerations:
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Flexible work location, though Minneapolis, Boston or
California is preferred.
- Experience in driving and leading Platforms and core
development, understanding the needs of program and product
execution with the technical capability to guide strategically and
- Business acumen, to gauge not just what can be done but to know
what can be profitable, is a key requirement for this role.
- The ability to manage near-term R&D costs/risks with
long-term product commercialization.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and
- This person must have the ability to promote and explain
technology initiatives to business leaders outside of the
technology organization and to external partners and
- Must be a strategic technology leader. The selected individual
must combine a solid technical foundation with forward-looking
strategic skills to effectively develop a Platform strategy to
enable Mayo Clinic to capitalize on emerging technologies.
- Ability to attract, retain, and motivate best in class talent.
Promotes and develops top talent.
- Ability to think beyond the technology itself and will
understand key business drivers that ensure technology investment
will provide substantial value or improvements to customers.
- Strong experience in Product development and agile
- Track record of managing large, complex projects with multiple
- Track record of driving business value and growth
- Excellent teaming skills to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with all levels within the organization,
internally and externally.
- Experience managing external partners. Yes Schedule Full Time
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester,
Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable
environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city
is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United
States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle,
excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Category Executive Job posting number 147120BR Equal opportunity
employer As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that
values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate
against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans,
people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable
accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are
available. Let's get to know each other better. Join our community
to get updates and chat with others. We would love to connect with
you. Click on the calendar for a list of our upcoming events. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or
disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. Reasonable accommodations Reasonable
accommodations to access job openings or apply for a job are
available 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday Central time. Call
507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440 (toll-free).Mayo Clinic provides
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to
increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you
need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to
access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for
pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please
contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440. Job offers Job
offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer
placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization
review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable. Advertising
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web
advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse
any of the third party products and services advertised. A single
copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal
use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic
Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are
trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and
Keywords: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Rochester , Vice President - Product Management - Platform, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!