AVP, Product Management
Company: Moody's Investors Service
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Engineering & Technology - Program & Project Management Regular
- Experienced Hire Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk
assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better
decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help
decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of
doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency,
more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the
door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40
countries, Moody's combines international presence with local
expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.
Learn more at moodys.com . Moody's Investors Service is among the
world's most respected and widely utilized sources for credit
ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of
credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for
their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our
mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and
future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies
behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness,
Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset
and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and
interactions matter. Department MIS TECH Job Description About the
This position is responsible for the strategy and execution of a
significant part of the ratings value stream for Moody's Investor
Services (MIS) product portfolio. The successful candidate will
have a solid technical background, with a demonstrated record of
product management an agile operating model. This person will help
define vision while also being a pragmatic, detailed-oriented, and
execution focused with the ability to build strong relationships
across business leaders.
- Define and communicate the vision and strategy for part of the
value stream in the overall MIS product portfolio.
- Own a part of the overall MIS product roadmap and identify
opportunities to grow products while maintaining fundamental
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to prototype to
various levels of maturation.
- Partner with the Marketing teams to define and refine "go to
market" strategy, pricing, promotion, and placement.
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with business
partners across the company to help identify new product or
- Able to participate at the Scrum team/squad level and write
user stories, define success criteria incorporating stakeholder and
- Proactively identifying meaningful process improvement
opportunities where needed
- Lead the research of current and future products with respect
to target market segments, latent needs, competitive landscape,
customer ecosystem, and purchasing patterns.
- Assist with decision-making and sequencing with respect to key
technological infrastructure implementation that will host new
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that product architecture
and development sprint and release planning meet corporate,
operational, and customer goals.
- Primary responsibility, with appropriate stakeholder input, to
build, prune, and maintain the product backlog, consisting mostly
of user stories, but also defects, refactors and infrastructure
work, prioritized based on user value, time dependencies, risk
reduction and effort.
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks, leverage technology
and reduce failure points in the product.
- Identify and mitigate risk and ensure controls are in place
throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity, and
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, industrial design,
engineering or business. MBA or other advanced degree is
- Extensive experience in a highly digital environment driving
delivery teams toward defined business outcomes.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the software development
- 7+ years building and delivering enterprise class products that
- 7+ years of experience in technology development, including
leadership role in large-scale environment.
- 7+ years working in lean and Agile development processes to
develop and manage products and people through the entire product
- Strong awareness of technology trends, influence and
- Superior analytical skills, in both the quantitative and the
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant
experience presenting cross-functionally and across all
- Ability to build and develop durable relationships across
product teams, engineers, marketing, etc. to support research and
strategy execution needs.
- Demonstrated experience with change management within an
organization and continual challenging of the status quo. Moody's
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status,
marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified
individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need
assistance with completing the application process, please email
email@example.com . This contact information is for
accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about
the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal
histories will be considered for employment consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New
York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories
will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements
of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants,
qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for
employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for
more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to
view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement. Candidates
for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities
holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the
requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon
compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in
those holdings as necessary.
Keywords: Moody's Investors Service, Rochester , AVP, Product Management, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!