Global Category Sourcing Manager
Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: November 22, 2020
This role can be based in a remote home office in the
This position will function as the business and industry expert for
specific direct material commodities. This includes responsibility
for developing and implementing comprehensive commodity strategies
to achieve cost out and working capital targets, create
partnerships with strategic suppliers, manage supply risk, and
deliver world class supplier performance for SPX Flow.
PRIINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drive spend analysis to identify strategic opportunities for
synergy and leverage.
* Be the focal point for the business and lead the development and
execution of long-term global commodity strategies to secure the
best cost position while ensuring business needs are fulfilled.
* Drive capacity planning to ensure future business needs are
anticipated and supported.
* Develop and execute commodity strategies to attain year over year
material cost reduction, material quality/delivery improvements,
and working capital improvements through extending supplier payment
terms and optimization manufacturing raw material and purchased
* Leverage external market intelligence to understand commodity and
FX trends to support commodity strategy development.
* Have a deep technical understanding of SPX Flow products and
* Identify, manage, and execute global projects that meet financial
and operational targets.
* Drive supplier selection, development, and management of world
class global suppliers
Develop, negotiate, and manage complex global supplier/buyer
contractual relationships that maximize value to SPX Flow.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders and suppliers to drive
innovation and generate projects to achieve deflation, direct
material productivity, and continuous improvement
* Communicate commodity strategy and execution status at all levels
of the organization to ensure alignment and transparency on
* Develop a robust risk management strategy for Tier 1 and sub-tier
suppliers to minimize disruption and ensure continuity of
* Drive sourcing initiatives including best cost country, supply
base rationalization, sole source reduction, on-time delivery and
quality improvements, margin accretion, should cost analysis.
* Calculate, measure, monitor, track and be accountable for the
following critical metrics:
* YoY Savings ($) + Savings Intensity (%)
* Global (spans more than 1 region) spend demographics ($ and
* Internal vs. External
* Repeat vs. Non-Repeat
* Emerging Market/Low Cost Country
* Preferred Suppliers
* Spend under contract
* Contract Leakage
* Single and Sole Sources
* Supplier rationalization (# of suppliers)
* Cash - AP Improvement ($)
* Lead-time/Cycle reduction
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* In-depth strategic sourcing expertise with commodities in a
global manufacturing environment. A proven track record of
achieving world-class performance in cost savings, inventory turns,
payment terms and overall supplier performance
* Competent at leading a negotiation. In depth knowledge of
contractual terms & conditions. Proven track record of negotiating
complex supplier agreements
* Must be a strategic thinker, data driven with impeccable
* Demonstrated knowledge of materials management, lean
* Strong project management and process improvement skills
* Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP preferred) and supply chain
management processes is required.
* Understanding of supplier capabilities, commodity
characteristics, cost drivers, market supply / demand imbalances,
* International sourcing experience is a must, particularly in best
* Demonstrated experience and success working in a fast paced,
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly proficient in Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint
* Demonstrated ability to interface & build relationships with
executive level management both internally and externally
* Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive; experienced in and capable of
leading change & influencing
* An excellent team player and self-starter
* Must be results driven
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering,
Supply Chain or related field.
* Minimum of 5 to 8 years relevant strategic sourcing work
experience of commodities of equivalent complexity in global
manufacturing companies with increasing responsibilities in a
multi-site, multi-product, company.
* International travel experience preferred.
* The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* General office environment.
* 30% domestic and international travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our
company values as outlined below.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX's business, and every
employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any
nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system.
All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such
nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact the Human Resources Department at
Keywords: SPX Flow, Rochester , Global Category Sourcing Manager, Executive , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!