Cyber Security Engineer
Company: Imagine Staffing Technology
Posted on: November 11, 2019
IMAGINE STAFFING is recruiting for a Cyber Security Engineer with
at least 5 years of experience for a full time opportunity in
The Cyber Security Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert
in many areas of security and is able to describe and document in
business terms the impact of security policies, standards, and
architecture. This person will play a vital dual role in our
organization, with time being spent facilitating our Cybersecurity
offering as well as working on network and server-based projects in
a Network Engineering role. This person will provide security
direction to the business and project stakeholders to ensure that
security is a key focus for all projects and new business
initiatives, as well as technical expertise on assigned clients,
tickets, and projects.
- Strong background in security architecture including a deep
knowledge of IT network security (secure LAN, WAN, vLAN, MPLS, and
secure network zoning and restricted network design) and
- Strong background in Network Engineering including a deep
understanding of Windows Server architecture, Windows
Virtualization, Networking, Backup Solutions, and Disaster
- Deliver technical support over the phone and in person,
understands support processes
- Monitor assigned tickets and task and provide service or
escalation as necessary
- Lead and manage complex projects such as infrastructure
installations and upgrades
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing
technical security solutions such as secure remote access,
firewalls, encryption, secure protocols, data protection, data loss
prevention, and identity management solutions both internally and
within cloud provided services.
- Strong background in Microsoft security architecture including
a deep knowledge of server and workstation security.
- Able to translate business and non-functional requirements to
establish security controls so that a proper security design can be
architected and to document the security solution for communication
- Demonstrated analytical skills - continuously define problems,
collect or interpret data, establish facts, anticipate obstacles,
and develops plans to resolve; strong problem-solving skills while
communicating in a clear and succinct manner effectively evaluating
information/data to make decisions.
- Strong knowledge of data and information flows, information
governance, and network protocols.
- Proven understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response,
and mitigation strategies used in cyber security.
- Experience of designing and incorporating technical security
controls that align to NIST 800-53
- Experience of designing and managing security controls within
service providers and the cloud.
- Prepared to challenge business and IT colleagues and have the
"difficult conversations" where needed in the interests of the
- Strong communication, leadership, and partnering skills.
- Demonstrated customer focus - evaluate decisions through the
eyes of the customer; build strong customer relationships and
create processes with customer viewpoint.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based
findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security
- Able to operate as a highly independent worker and as part of a
strong team/collaborative approach.
- Prior Managed Services experience preferred.
- Accurately enter and maintain ticket information including
notes and resolution
- Adhere to departmental policies for reporting and managing
requests and change controls
- Internal IT support as needed
- Identify sales opportunities and pass the information to
correct team members
- Submit timesheets accurately and timely
- Other duties as required
- This role will be split between Cybersecurity and Network
Engineering as we grow this practice within our organization.
- Business and Project Consulting
- Project engagement during the initiation, requirements, and
design stages to ensure that security has been considered and is
included in the design at the appropriate level based on the
- Security review and design of complex applications and
- Evaluation and maintenance of security system plans and
procedures to safeguard internal information systems.
- Researching and recommendation/implementation of changes to
procedures and systems to enhance security aligned with corporate
- Accountable for ensuring that key risks and issues are
identified, addressed and resolved in a manner that satisfies the
- This role will be placed on multiple projects with the
expectation that the Cyber Security Engineer will be able to
coordinate with Management and fellow co-workers in identifying
existing security services that can be leveraged by the
- Perform security risk assessments to determine level of
security services to include.
- Provide testing scenarios to the business, ensuring the
security controls are in place as required.
- Elevate residual risk to be included in the risk register and
approved by the key stakeholders where they cannot be mitigated or
Minimum QualificationsTechnical Skills
- Strong understanding of available tools to assist in daily
- Ability to troubleshoot server based software issues with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Infrastructure
- On Premise Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013, coexistence
Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 / Microsoft Office 365, and hosted
Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SQL 2005/2008/2014 Server
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services 2008/2012/2016
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare
- Major Anti-Virus solutions
- Enterprise class backup solutions
- Very knowledgeable of various server/workstation peripherals
such as NAS/SAN solutions.
- In depth knowledge of workstation/server hardware and software
- Strong understanding of networking equipment such as Switches,
Firewalls, and Wireless Access Points
- Working knowledge of HP and Dell equipment; general
understanding of storage solutions
- Extremely knowledgeable in troubleshooting and resolving
workstations based issues with
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (x32 and x64)
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016
- Microsoft Online Services (Office 365)
- Knowledge and understanding of AD, DNS, the Internet and mail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pleasant and professional demeanor in all client and internal
- Ability to multi task
- Intellectually resourceful with sound judgment and effective
- Independent worker and able to work effectively on daily tasks
without direct supervision
- Strong organization skills and ability to operate efficiently
throughout daily tasks
- In general, owns issues through resolution although understands
when to escalate a problem to another team member and whom to
escalate to; accepts escalated issues; and mentors when
- Demonstrates empathy with users and professionalism at all
- Work well with clients at all levels, from executive to IT to
- Operates with client satisfaction in mind
- Energy, enthusiasm and results-oriented
--- Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of information technology with at
least 3 years in IT Security.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of
education and experience).
- Information Security Qualifications such as CISSP, ISSAP, and
SABSA practitioner a plus.
- Knowledge of government compliance standards (NIST, DISA STIG,
USGCB, CIS Benchmark)
- Security Qualifications such as SANs, CCNA, CCNP.
Keywords: Imagine Staffing Technology, Rochester , Cyber Security Engineer, Engineering , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!